Why are guys obnoxious?

I was walking from the train station to get to my house around 10pm. Men were working on the road and I had to pass. He said sorry in a normal voice and then looked up and smiled and said hey in the most obnoxious voice. It was weird
there's been other situations like this. Why do men act obnoxious

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys, especially lower class guys have to act this way or else they would be too classy ;) You should just brush it off, they don't mean anything by it. Most of them actually think they're paying you a compliment.

What Guys Said 2

• They weren't taught how to talk to girls any other way.

• We don't lol.

What Girls Said 4

• Because some men thing that girls are just objects to appease their every sexual desire. What they fail to realize is that we aren't. We deserve the same respect that anyone else deserves. However, I must caution, this does not apply to all men. Some know how to actually treat a lady and I must commend them on that. As well as ask them to teach the rest of men how they should act. Schools are always objectifying girls. We have dress codes to follow- no mid sections showing, no shoulders or bra straps showing, all so that "other students" namely boys don't get distracted. Teach boys to not objectify girls and a lot of problems would be solved.

**End Note:
    I am not a feminist, please do not attack me based on my views. Also I do not believe all men do this, just some. I also know that some women objectify men too. It goes both ways.

• Not ALL guys are. But some of them are.

• "Why are (some) guys obnoxious?"

I think this is what you meant.

• This question doe.