Guys, why would you want to know if a girl loves you?

This guy told me his friend said that I love him based on a text message. I told him that it's true. He said he knew right away by my reaction. See he told me he'said never told a girl he's loved her before so as you can expect he didn't say the same in return. But if he doesn't feel the same way, why would you want to know? Why would you put a person through that when you don't feel the same way?

I wrote him a text message when I was upset. He asked the opinion of one of his friends, and she said, that girl loves you.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• We can't read minds, and most guys are kinda dumb on social cues as well.
    If the relationship is platonic then the guy would most likely want to know if it changes on your end because then the friendship has changed.
    If you're not dating but doing that "friends with benefits thing" then the guy would want to know because then the situation is different and the rules will have to change.
    If you're actually in a relationship then he should want to know whether or not his feelings are being reciprocated.

What Guys Said 4

• Because when a girl loves you, it means she's going to openly listen to your problems and not judge you, and love you unconditionally when you need her to.

• Because we can't read minds. You need to actually tell us what you are thinking. Otherwise we won't know.

• But why did he want to know if I loved him if he doesn't feel the same?

• I don't feel that is a proper way to socialize and date. One should not ask anything of their partner they are not prepared for themselves. It unbalances the relationship and creates an unstable foundation.

• I want to know if she'll still love me tomorrow.