Guys, do you really like coming home to dinner on the table?

What is so pleasing about coming home to your wife/girlfriend having dinner waiting on you? Or is it somhing you even care about?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel that is something that people should share the role in a relationship! It's very comforting to either partner to have dinner ready for them when they get home from work or college. It should not be a gender exclusive endeavor, that unbalances the relationship in my opinion.

What Guys Said 21

• It's the fact that she was thinking about me even when I wasn't there. The fact that she was thinking on how to make me happy, on how to pleasure me.
    It has never happened to me before, but if it ever happens I'll be grateful, and let her do whatever she wants with me after dinner :P

• Sure as hell beat a dimly lit romantic dinner for one.
    40.media.tumblr.com/.../...oeX2gV1tr746go1_500.png

• Weird. I would have thought this was a stereotype that most guys today had moved beyond, but apparently not. None of my girlfriends cooked, and I lived with two of them. For the last 12 or so years I've lived by myself; I'm so used to making my own dinner that it would feel awkward not to, I think. So no, I wouldn't care. Making dinner together would be my preference I guess.

• Well Im not really asking if they expect it. Just if its liked. I like taking care of my bf. I just didn't know if guys liked it or why they did

• What isn't pleasing about coming home to dinner on the table? It's a hell of a nice gesture and it makes you feel appreciated.

• It's nice to come home after a hard day's work and not worry about making plans or cooking a meal. Just like any chore or errand, when you come home after work and it's done for you, it always a pleasant surprise.

... and the whole "she's thinking about me" junk.

• Yes I do find it nice, and so do a lot of the men in my family since most of them are in medical, military, mining and factory work fields, so their day really takes it out of them and it is nice to come home, eat and relax.

• Nothing. At the end of the day, she's the only person I want to see.

• I don't really care. I would imagine I'm just hungry and tired from work and would be nice to just have food ready on a plate ready to go. You feel me?

• I like it occasionally but not all the time. I don't want her to be my maid... if we are out together and cooked together is find it more romantic.

• If my wife didn't work I'd like her to make dinner for me but if she did work I don't think it's fair to expect her to do her job and come home and make me dinner every night

• We make dinner in the nude or GTFO

• I have roommates.

• .. I'm not everyone's cup of tea. Its not restrictive I just respect him.

• I know, I'm just kidding. Relax. He'll like it.

• It would be nice, I wouldn't ask though

• Yes, it is still something nice to be nurtured and cared for. Also it feels motherly and homely in a pleasant way.

Of course nowadays with both partners often working the same amount of time it isn't fully practical anymore, but if I work more/longer than my girl, then it should be a given she does things like this. Vice versa the same.

• I would like it, if it happened

• I think that's a great gesture from her. It would be even more great if she cooked food of my liking

• ARE YOU SERIOUS?

• I fucking love that shit. I wish I had a woman who would do those things. The women I date won't do those things.

• For it mean she care about me its dinner in the end I mean I can eat my dinner in resturant but have no emotional value but if my girl prepare dinner for me it will have emotional value for me she spend time to cook and at least to satisfy me I would appreciate

• I wouldn't expect it if that's what you're asking.
    It would be pretty fucking cool if it happened though.
    But I like to have a shower and get changed when I get home so it would go cold.

• No, not asking if it's expected. I just hear all the time about guys bragging on their wife or having dinner waiting. And my bf is a morning shower taker. So, I don't think that would be a problem.

• I shower in the morning and when I get home.
      I tend to take over when people cook though. Its a bad trait I have.

• He's not a cooker lol. At all.

• Yes, definitely. Who doesn't like coming home to food?

• Lol i would really love that

• It's definitely nice that's for sure