Can the context of asking someone out relay your feelings for them?

This is a complicated one, but I'm kind of on the search for new signs to look for rather than the cliche ones (read myTake if you want to know why). I'll try to make this one simple, but don't hold your breath. Do you think these are the same? Do you think there's more meaning behind how it's asked?

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime?" (A tad nervous, with a curious tone)

VS

"Hey, let's hang out this weekend!" (Giddy, with a happy tone)

Do you think the first quote expresses someones feelings toward someone you like? Do you think the second one sounds like something a friend would say? Try putting yourself in that situation, and tell me what you think. Personally, I would say the first one if I had feelings for said person, whereas if it was some cool girl to chill with it would be the latter.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. The latter to me sounds like a "friend" hang out. The former sounds like someone wanting to ask for a date.

What Guys Said 1

• or just tell them how you feel directly... and then ask them on a date. Not a "hang out".

Both of them is confusing and could be mistaken as just a friendly hangout to me.