Guys, would you date/ marry a girl that is from a different culture that causes her to live at home, yet acts like the breadwinner to her family?

I just want to know what all you guys think.
I am single (story of my life), and I live at home with my parents. I am turning 27 soon.
I have means to move out but the thing is, if I do, that is a huge offence that would cause disownment. I care for my family very much and I don't want to live my life with my parents disowning me.

I live at home yet I do not mooch off my parents. I pay for all the bills that come in and I take care of the groceries. I paid for the household appliances and the new carpet installed. I cook, clean, do every chore in the house. With all of that, I spoil my parents with expensive, beautiful things as well.

So say you are interested in me and found out that I do this and live at home. Would you STILL think I am pathetic? I mean, isn't it better than shoving your parents in a home?

Why do the majority of the population think this is pathe

Would you still date me/ marry me/ defacto with me.

• I would definitely be with you forever
    77% (23)
  • No.
    23% (7)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would this cause disownment? If anything, you are just trying to live your own life. This isn't to say that you can't visit your folks regularly. It just means that you want a life of your own, and you should be allowed to. I don't know, but it seems like your folks may be talking advantage of you, both physically and mentally. If this is the case, then you need to talk a stand by moving out. Can't your folks live on their own? It sounds like they need extra special care, and that's why you live at home. If this is the case, then I would find that real sweet, not pathetic. Hell, it's probably bound to happen to my folks, too. Those that think it's pathetic probably don't have a heart - or at least a good one.

What Guys Said 21

• I was in a similar situation, my mother and her husband lived with me, the lease, utilities, etc
    were all in my name, I worked a good job in an interesting field. She did not work, and he just got hired at a home improvement store after they moved in. It's not a deal breaker, if you handle it right. I just couldn't put my family out on the streets, especially when I had a 4 bedroom house.

• no i'd not like her 2 stay home... not my type sorry...:-/

• I don't see the problem of living with parents after you've grown up. It is less expensive and more comfortable, yet people are eager to move out the moment they can. In your case, on the contrary it would give yo an image of a woman with strong ties to her home. This is the material every man is looking for to get married (Exceptions do not disprove the rule).

• Interesting situation. Honestly I wouldn't. I'm looking for the future wife and I don't want her parents breathing down my neck.

Its not you that's the problem, its your parents. I'm moving back to my hometown, but my parents are helping me get my own place. There comes a time every kid needs to leave the nest

• Sounds like too much to deal with. You're not pathetic, you're just very loyal to your parents and culture.

• I'm in a Hispanic family and with the state of the economy me and my twin (27) year old brother live at home so does my 19y old sister. Our family is very well off but were pretty tight knitt. So I would want some one with the same family values. I'm not broke but paying student loans off and wanting to go back to school while I work crazy hours. I think people look at some ones domicile before their financial and family obligations.

• I am 24 and do the same I would have no problem with dating youfor that reason :) My parents are older and not young chickens anymore lol. So I do a lot of the work around the house. Keep up the landscaping, work on things, help clean you name it.

• Date, yes.
    Marry, no.

Though what you're doing is commendable, I have no intentions of ever living with my in-laws.

• Well... I don't know if ur in2 younger guys.. I would love to date a lady like urself, and I would really like 2 marry u and I think u'd make a great mom. However, we ( assuming) are married, we'd have 2 move out sometime... if m rich enough I'd buy them a new house... u gotta move outta the nest sometime right?

• date yes. get married, I would not want to live with your parents but if it meant that much to you I probably would

• Yeah most guys just like being dominant but I , personally like a women that is independant for a starter.

Our Relationship would be much more successful , work/chores would seem to be more productive and that plays a major role when it comes to two lovers living together.

The care and love you give to your family would certainly reflect on how passionately you would care and love your bf/husband..

So I would die to be the lucky one!

• I would date you, though it sounds like I would need to approval of your folks first. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing, Your parents are old and need someone to care of them.

• Sign me up for the 10 year plan lol jk it wouldn't matter to me cause I do the same.

• Honestly it wouldn't bother me. The thing that draws me to a woman is her personality not her living situation. The fact that you take care of your parents is very sweet and shows how good of a person you are. I would definitely date you.

• I would date you and I would still like to get to know you better. I would actually be proud that you doing what you doing out love and that shows a lot of good character and tells me a lot about the type of the person you are :)

• How are people like @Starfishlover still single... Who told you they would disown you, did they say that, did you talk about it? I feel your parents are mooching on you.

• Oh thanks... pretty good for someone with a "lack of education", as you so kindly called me.

• Sorry, I realized my mistake and apply for forgiveness in advance...

• ya. i dont see why not..

• Yeah, I would actually

• I would date you :)

• I've gone back to uni so I'm at home again now too. Girls don't like it, it sucks but that's life sometimes. I'd date you, but when it comes to marriage I'd want a marital home with just the two of us.

• I am sorry I voted the wrong way. I mean't to say I would.