Girls, do you prefer a guy to be direct or subtle?

I'm curious. If you met a guy in a class or around campus, and he thought you were cute and wanted to take you out on a date. Would you prefer him to be direct that he wants to take you out on a date, or be subtle, in the sense that he would say hey, make small talk, get to know you a little bit, and then ask you out?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• DIRECT! Please, everyone is so clueless about people who like them. (Myself included) Like I can tell when a guy likes a girl that is not me, but if he likes me I have absolutely no clue. I think this is common with a lot of people (both male and female).

• Would you find this attractive then cause he's not dancing around his intentions? Even if you just met him.

• Totally attractive. That's the whole confidence thing. The confidence to not care if you are rejected and let a girl know you like her.

What Girls Said 4

• Subtle... i hate it when guys ask me out straight away before i even get a chance to get to know him... it's a turn off and scares me away, direct guys are scary in general because they have the nerve to get annoyed and butt hurt after but they don't know me... they just judged me simply on the way i look... i'm certainly not going to date a guy who judges a book by it's cover and thinks he knows me before hand... direct just seems like a senseless way to me.

• Yeah this was the part I was curious about. I guess every girl has a preference to this thing.

• I've tried going out on "dates" with direct guys (if that what it was lol not really...), and it never worked out... it was far too awkward for both me and them... i had nothing to say... didn't know them... and i just felt so out of place and weird... going out with direct guys just like that puts me in a position where guys just think i'm easy and try to get sex too, every direct guy i've gone out on "dates" with all wanted sex... was a waste of time lol.

• I prefer a guy being direct.

• Why would u be subtle? It's so stupid. Be straight up with me or don't talk to me at all!!! In fact if u haven't noticed, it ticks me off when guys aren't direct!!!

• So you would like it if a guy just came up to you and got your number so you could go out later?

• That would be better than them acting like they didn't want to or the half like you, half don't like you crap! At least then I know where I stand

• Direct. Games are so annoying.