Am I crazy because I am dating a guy who got a heart transplant? I am 19 and he is 26. And he has been telling me that when his mother tells people that I am in a relationship with him they all have responded with "is she crazy?" am I really all that crazy I mean it doesn't make him any less human and I happen to love him very much. If I'm crazy so be it cause yes I'm crazy in love with him.

• Yes your crazy
  • No its perfectly normal

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no - you're not crazy. I have a medical issue and I have to take meds the rest of my life to remain immuo suppressed. I give myself a needle every day and yes it sucks for my boyfriend to have to deal with a box of needles in the fridge and a haz-mat container in the bathroom for used needles. However, right now I am really healthy and can do most anything I want. While I fear that someday I will be badly disabled and unable to do the things I can now, but the point is that RIGHT NOW I am fine! Don't let his family be your buzz kill - if you love this man go for it!

Be prepared for people to think you're weird and even for some backlash from his family, but once everyone sees how good you are together, that stuff will stop.

As for heart transplants, my neighbor was for years a transplant surgeon and finally needed and got a heart transplant himself. He just ran a sub 4 hour marathon and is going strong!

• To me my boyfriend is just like any other person.

• And that is exactly as it should be! I hate it when people ask me, "How are you feeling, " or say they're sorry about my illness. My standard response is, "Why, you didn't give it to me!" But then I have a twisted sense of humour!

• Yeah I don't hover over him like everything in the world is going to hurt him. just treat him how I would want to be treated if I were in his position

What Guys Said 5

• it don't matter what others think. iam almost 25 and iam seeing a girl that's just turned 19...plus she has a 1 Year old baby to top it off. and I don't get any positive comments from friends, family, and even from my twin brother! just get all the negitives. and still I keep seeing her,talk to her,..love her. and everyones thinks iam either a fool or crazy or both.

• Yeah if people don't see it how we do oh were crazy ok well then at least I'm crazy for being an open person

• No, you're not crazy. I'd date a girl who was blind or who had cancer (the kind of you can survive). People are people, though, they don't understand your reasoning because they don't share your feelings. Whose judgment is warped, yours or theirs, is up to minds greater than mine to discern.

• Way I see it is everyone needs to be loved nothing should put a person into the unloveable catagorie

• No, your not crazy at all.

• THEY are crazy not you

• i'm srry I had me at the title lol

no ur not

What Girls Said 4

• if you're crazy in love with them, well age doesn't define love. there's no telling who we end up with and I think if you're mature enough to be with him and you two truly love each other then why not? I wouldn't care what others say, if I really loved a guy, I'd do everything to be with him.

• Yeah half the time I even forget that he has a new heart to me he is just like anyone else. and I absolutly love him

• No, you're not crazy. I know of a guy that had a heart transplant when he was in Jr. High. He is now married with two kids and very happy. No one knows what they are getting themselves into with anyone they end up with. I know people who married perfectly healthy people, and those people died of cancer. Others, like the guy I mentioned, is doing perfectly well. If you love him, you love him. Stay with him if you are happy!

• Exactly so I don't get why so many people think I'm crazy ok so if they go out get a major surgery are they then marked unloveable I know they wouldn't want that so what's the differeance there is none

• It may be because you are so young. People might think, "there are so many guys out there...why him?" But, you can't control who you fall in love with. A lot of people do judge people the way you described. Thankfully, a lot of other people are not like that & see the person inside. As you get older, you don't care as much what others think. Good luck with your relationship. You sound like a great person!

• Yeah I don't see why I'm getting judged but hey at least my family is ok with it they don't all go oh he had a heart transplant you can't love him

• No, I don't think that makes you crazy at all.

• ummm why does that matter? just because he had a heart transplant? I don't see what the big deal is you're not crazy