Do you kiss on the first date? And would you kiss someone you're not interested in?

Maybe I'm just not used to dating or perhaps just incredibly awkward, but I was under the assumption that people usually wait till second or third date before going in for a kiss (on the lips, not on the cheek). I've been on a few first dates where the guy has tried to kiss me at the end. Is this just the norm? And would you kiss someone you weren't attracted/interested in?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I am attracted to a girl and I sense that she is comfortable with me, I will try to give her a goodnight kiss on the first date. I want to establish, at the earliest opportunity, that I am not looking for a platonic friend. But I would not do it if I sensed that she would not be receptive.

You should never kiss someone to whom you are not attracted because it sends the wrong message and you are only encouraging the person to continue with other romance/courtship behaviors. If a guy starts moving in for a kiss and you don't want it, turn your head so he kisses you on the cheek. Most of us guys know exactly what that means.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I've never been on a date, but if I felt compelled to kiss a guy at the end of it, then I would. I don't really see an issue with that. I wouldn't kiss him if I wasn't interested tho.

• Yes to the first question, no to the second.

• On first date? Nope. I just kiss him on cheek

• Yes to the first and no to the second.

• Depends on the mood. If it's a great date then yes, although not with someone I'm not attracted to.