I'm afraid I might cheat and I don't know what to do?

My boyfriend and I have only been together for a month now. So far we're pretty compatible. The problem is that I'm a loner except for my best friend. A best friend who is a guy. I've known him for 9 years. We've known for years that we are sexually attracted to each other. I didn't want to ruin our friendship since he is against commitment while I don't get sexually involved without the promise of commitment. Theyre both equally attractive to me. My friend has known me long enough to know my flaws but my boyfriend is being accepting also. I don't know what to do.

Also, we've been planning on both of us renting a place together. My friend and I.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not hard to see why you're interested in cheating. If you find someone sexually attractive and you've developed a close bond for 9 years, obviously you're going to have some strong feelings for them. You said your friend has commitment issues and you don't believe in sex without commitment. If that's the case, then sleeping with your friend is a terrible idea even if you were single. Having sex with him will only intensify your feelings for him and then it's going to leave heartbroken and devastated when he doesn't want to commit. And then that precious friendship the two of you have is done for in the process. If you're afraid you'll cheat on your boyfriend with this close friend of yours, then that shows you're not really into your boyfriend like that, and it may be best for the both of you if you just end the relationship now. Whatever you do, don't cheat on him; nobody deserves that. How would you feel if it was the other way around?

What Guys Said 8

• Look if you like your friend over her who is never going to committee to you then either you go for your friend without the possibility of commitment and dump your bf..

OR

You can forget this guy and concentrate on building you relationship with your bf...

BUT

Don't ever cheat... Don't ever do that.. Don't make your self a bad person...
    You should not be in a relationship where You don't know what exactly you want... You should clear your mind and take action accordingly... But don't chest... Have some self control and don't be a BITCH by doing horrible things like cheating...

• oh man... better stay with yer bf... u don't wamnna destroy yer friendship don't u?

• A wise man once said "if you love two people go with the second one because if you loved the first you wouldn't have loved the second one" might not be your exact situation but if it helps.

• If you can't be faithful, dump your bf. Relationships are for people with respect and self control.

• lol 70% to 80% women cheat so its expected that you do it

• I don't think it's expected. And I don't want to but when we're together late nights self control is hard to accomplish.

• studies show other wise, so either I believe you're word or the word of thousands of other women

• Easy; don't fuck your best friend. Problem solved.

Miraculous solution, I know.

• Cheat and get it over with. You'll feel so much better.

• Pitiful. It's only been a month, break it off. Don't bring someone else into your twisted reality.

What Girls Said 5

• The interesting point here is, you've managed NOT to have sex with your guy friend in 9 (!) years, but now that you are with your boyfriend you are afraid it may actually happen? Sounds to me like you are just (unconsciously) trying to find a way out of this relationship... You've exercised self-control for 9 years, there is no way you'd give in now that you have a bf if it wasn't more about the bf than about the guy friend...

• Well since you don't wanna be with your guy friend because of the friendship and the commitment thing. be worth your boyfriend. personally I don't think you and you're boyfriend will make it. since h the guy friend knows everything about you and you find him attractive. but set your boundaries. or use the boyfriend to make the guy friends jealous.

• Make them become friends and bang them both

• see who has a bigger dick then decide

• Physically they're pretty similar actually

• Exercise self-control and stay faithful to your boyfriend, or break up with your boyfriend and go with your friend.

Just don't cheat.