Having a poor time trusting people especially men? Any else feel this way? sorry for this vent?

Whenever I like a man, and know they like me it's hard to be emotional invested in them. The connection to me is beautiful. It makes my heart melt and part of me is even sexually turned on. Even though I like them a lot, i will never let myself by emotional involved. I will never be affection with them (cuddling wise or just cute stuff) I can only do sexual things with them. I usually just leave it like that. I just can't be all romantic with them. It scares me a lot, knowing GOOD commitment is huge part of any relationship. in fact healthy relationships scare me. i get scared of myself, because I know the man I stay with will be extremely abusive. It's just the kind of man I will end up attraction and staying with. I don't think I'm strong enough to truly love someone. So I just walk away

im not going to go in details why I'm like this.

Most Helpful Guy

• You really need to see a counselor, that isn't healthy.

What Guys Said 5

• I think u need to have more confidence in urself and not to worry so much about the relationship not working. This belief will only limit urself and the progression of the relationship. I know its hard and its natural to want to put a barrier up. Woukd suggest being more open, but i would try to find the right type of guy for this. It sounds like the guys u hav been dating r not trustworthy and its no wonder that u hav been having a hard time with trust issues. There r really great guys out there that im sure u'll get to meet and i think u will feel a genuine connection and start to realise that there is more than just sexual feelings. The emotional side of a relationship is great and i think u just need the right guy for u to find that out.

• I do not get off on the emotional side unless they're obsessive or crazy

• Yeah I only get emotional involved with them or want to

• I think the reason for this is cos they r showing emotional sides of themselves to u and u want to reciprocate. But someone who communicates their emotions doesn't have to be obsessive or crazy. Someone who is emotionally stable can exhibit strong feelings too and i would suggest finding someone like this. But whatever ur taste in guys is then thats ur choice. Lol

• I feel the same way, but with women. I've been wanting a relationship for a long time, but I can't stop thinking that once I find it she'll just be using me, will cheat on me, or whatever the hell she'll probably do. As time goes by, I feel like I can't trust women as much as I trusted them before, and I like being around women, by best friends have always been women, but I don't know why every day I trust them less and less.
    I wanna change, since I don't even know why this is happening, but I don't know what to do.
    So now I've just stopped looking for a relationship, I'm just looking to have fun and have sex, at least I know I won't have to put any sort of trust on them, just sex and no feelings, ergo, no possible emotional damage.

• Oh well i know I'm emotionally damaged. I think I attract white knights who want to save me or just crazy men who are obsessive.

• Maybe it won't, but it's a possibility, I mean, if you don't know what to do to change, just try it. I would go if it wasn't so expensive, and because I feel like I won't be able to open up to a stranger.

• That too
      I need to find the perfect therapist

• damn that fear sucks, i see what you mean but i always take a risk because we live once. what other better way is there to live.

• The greater the reward the greater the risk. Putting your heart on the line can be a dangerous thing because no one can hurt you more than the ones you love. You say you'll probably end up with some one abusive and that's probably because we often only accept the love that we think we deserve. Love is a crazy felling but so is being proven completely wrong. I hope that a man comes into your life throws you off guard and holds you tight at night and treats you like every woman should be treated. Either way good luck I hope you find happiness somewhere.

• You can't cuddle but you can have sex? I need to think about that one hard.

• Being cuddling is like a romantic affection
      You can fuck someone and feel nothing

• You obvious don't get emotions

• I always thought that sex is a way to emotionally connect

What Girls Said 1

• Growing up, did your parents show you enough affection? DId something bad happen to you in the past?