Girls, would you date a guy much smarter than you?

I am in the third highest MAP (Measure of Academic Progress) test level in my freshman class, and I have a crush on this girl. However, she doesn't take the more advanced classes like me, and I'm wondering if she wouldn't want to date me because of my level of intelligence compared to hers. Is this stupid?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Well let me put it this way.. I'd rather date a guy who is smarter than me and not the other way around. Besides there's different kinds of intelligence. I know really crazy smart guys who lack emotional intelligence or common sense. Some people are unfortunately also not very book smart and can be very intelligent but not be able to put it on paper. So basically don't worry about it :P I don't think it will make her want to date you any less.

What Girls Said 10

• Its ok, if you don't bring it up all the time. Like don't rub it in her face. Usually a girl likes to have her own personal smarty to help with HW and stuff when she needs it, just don't make her feel like she's stupid, or that you think she is because she's in lower classes. It shouldn't really matter though at all if your just genuine with her.

• As long as you don't act condescending and don't treat her like she's stupid and u should b fine

• it's just that person can feel less worthy, by the way doesn't mean she is dumber than you

• If you have my type of personality, I wouldn't. I like to be intellectually compatible with who ever im seeing, then again that's not really a problem for me. Then again, most people don't have my personality so I think you should ask her to a movie maybe and see how that goes.

• This is really stupid

• Yes, because who else will explain things to me that I don't understand?

• Literally everyone is smarter than me so you know... Yeah. And intelligence is sexy!

• Of course. I think we'd have a lot to talk about.

• Just ask her out and stop speculating. If it works, it works, and if it doesn't, it doesn't.

• Yes I would