Do you have that one ex you just can't get over?

If yes, what's the story?

Most Helpful Girl

• I did. Not anymore.

I was with someone on and off for 5 and a half years. He was my love, my world. We were very similar, I loved everything about him and every time we broke up my heart was broken. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't stop crying. He was my first love.
    Until... He started ignoring me. He ignored me for a full week. And then, I had been at my new job 2 weeks and 1/2 a day and I received a text message. I'm breaking up with you because I can't deal with everything, but the truth is I've found someone else. And that someone else was his best friend's little sister. He was 21 and she was 16.

That was it. Ending our 5 and a half year relationship over a text message. He was in bed with her within 2 days, and she moved into his parents house a couple of months later.

I hated his guts. He made me feel sick and I wanted to spit on him. The anger has worn off now, but I still don't talk to him. And I'm highly entertained most of his friends speak to me and aren't friends with him, and to ice the cake, he's broken up from his child bride now.

What Guys Said 10

• I have a couple "what ifs", but nobody I agonize about, I've got a pretty good gal now.👍

• I do not because I am I have found the person I want to be with and we are engaged to be married next year

• No, haha. :p

• yes, my first girlfriend

• My first love.. Broke up many months ago and still stuck to her :(

• Yes, it's more than 3 years since we are apart. I went to another relationship but still I'm unable to forget my love.

• I ws in relatn wid my ex for 3months... bt after break up about 2mnths latr some third person told me dat my ex had been 5mnths pregnant nd kn u belv i ws in tenth grade nd she ws in 9th... How kn i ****overcome dis incident

• Yup i'll always have feelings for her after everything we went through although we were only together 8 months, she goes from been close to distant with me all the time and eventually her feelings just sorta fizzled out for me even though she still really likes me but apparently only as a friend, although i'm everything she wants but won't accept, she's so caught up on her ex who broke up with her and never gave her a reason, many times I've tried to get her to ask him but now he's seeing someone she won't but constantly puts quotes and rubbish on fb, i even got moaned at by her friends to stop messaging one of her friends, not for anything bad or offensive no... apparently i annoyed her one night by sending a few messages in the space of half n hour just by adding something on after she had asked me two questions to which she never answered, basically I've slowly started to get over her as she's far from perfect but doesn't want to lose me because I've helped her through so much and classes me as a best friend, yet for that best friend status I've yet to see many results or things such as going out for a coffee or a walk nope, i don't have money, my mums kicked me out, my cat exploded it's always reasons so yes i still like her but god I've seen her true colors not to mention her and her friend may as well be joined at the hip no single phone calls or days out there na ah...

• Perhaps in a Stockholm Syndrome sort-of way.

• I did for years, but I finally realized that she doesn't give a shit about how I feel... and that she's a self-centered, moody, psycho cunt. It took me way too long to understand this. I wasted a LOT of time thinking about her...

What Girls Said 10

• I was. I have already totally moved on that I found there is no goods in having him with me.

So, I was is the same class for 2 years with this boy back in high school. We were so close that I couldn't really tell if we actually in relationship or not LOL. Then when we graduated, we decided to make it official. Our relationship was only last for 2 months!! But after that, up until couple months ago (5 years after break up) we still in that state where he would always run to me when he's 'tired' and we still have lots of dates. I still cried for him, he got jealous etc. He had has relationships for 4 to 5 times with some other girls but still come to me at the end while I was still single and always become his 'extra-shoulder' to carry his weigh.

But I have my life back now. There is no point of doing this. I am happy af now. No more him, no more cries, no more past. I do still talk to him once in awhile but take it for nothing.

If we really meant to be, there will be a path leads us. So I just enjoy a new chapter of my life where I, again, in love with a wrong guy. LOL.

• Never had an issue getting over an ex.

• I did for almost five years. I only gave up waiting for him when he got married. He's the only one who got that close. He was my first, and I never fell for another since then.

• I think I'm gonna end up like this. I've only ever dated one guy too, and he's moved on

• "Every girl has that one guy she goes back to, heartache after heartache"

@fun-weird-guy Yeah, I should have. But I'm just so in love back then.

• @Mycsph I totally understand

• No I don't.

• Yes and I've pretty much moved on but I'm still not totally over it.

• his name is franky.. i just can't forget him ever.. i have never loved a man more than him..

• Yes my first boyfriend. I lost my virginity to him and got his name tattooed. He couldn't remain faithful and everything I did for him was never enough. I suffered from severe mental and sometimes physical abuse from him, I still took him back because of the love I had for him. Crazy to say no matter what he put me through I was still in love with him and still am. Even though we are no longer in contact and it's almost been a year. I still find myself thinking about him and crying over it sometimes. I guess a part of me will always care for him.

• Same here, I broke up and we haven't spoken for 1 year + now. Things will probably never be the same and it's time to move on honey.

• Yup I do. we used to work together and age awhile I approached him and we started dating. I fell hard for him even though we only dated for a few months. Even though before him I dated someone almost 3 years, he is my first love. We broke up after he told me he loved me. 2 years later I approached him and told him how I felt after a few months of being friends. told him that no guy I have dated since has made me as badly as he did and apparently he couldn't get over me either. So now we are back together and I'm so happy :)

• Approached*
      happy*
      gotta love mobile

• When did you guys first get together?

• Few years ago

• Yup, my ex fiancĂ©. I will never get over him and him over me, we are each others best friends and still love each other dearly.

• Are you saying you two are just best friends and nothing more? If you are and love each other as much as you say you do it could hurt future relationships

• Since, we can't be together right now, he and I have an understanding that if we meet someone and want to see where things go, we will cut contact with each other. We both want the other to be happy and knowing all too well how close exes/best friends can get in the way or cause friction within a new relationship,, we came to an agreement on what we'll do when it comes up. Knowing him has made me understand the saying "Sometimes love means letting them go" and it will be bittersweet when that time does come.

• Yes. He was my other half. Things didn't work out because of distance.