Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not? We are talking about dating, not marriage. Dating isn't a big deal. I wouldn't advise marrying someone with a large age gap, as it can make things tougher in the long run. However if the couple are currently happy together then I say good for them regardless of their age.

For the most part I think people that really have an issue with it is really just attempting to shame the sexuality of others. They are both adults so I figure I will just let people do what they want. I understand it wouldn't be for everyone, but I don't see the problem with dating someone much older or much younger if that is what you want.

What Guys Said 72

• nahhh. and "she's mature for her age" is always a bullshit excuse.

• I disagree. My girlfriend has the maturity level of someone in their 30s and she's only 19. We've been dating for 6 months now and we are perfect together.

• @GamerArtNerd that's awesome it worked for you two. not so much for others lol.

• I think i would (given that i find her attractive and like her personality). Three years isn't much of an age difference.

• No way. I have kids that age so that would be way too messed up.
    plus I have zero in common, dating wise, with an 18 yr old. Sure it would be a huge boost to the ego with sex but as soon as she talked it would end things.

• Most certainly!!

• I would. She is old enough to decide who she wants to be with. If that guy is me and I feel we click, then yes. It would be the same with a 50yo...

• No, they'd be way immature

• No way, Faye! (She could be my granddaughter).

• I am open to dating women from 18-80 as long as you love me and are not married.

The age range might be exaggerated but you get my point...

Jane Fonda is 77. I would date her.
    Meryl Streep is 65. I would date her.
    Martha Strewart is 73. I would date her.
    Miley Cyrus is 22. I would NOT date her.
    Oprah Winfrey is 61. I would go to Starbucks with her and I would let her tea bag me with her Chia from Starbucks.

• Haha, no I wouldn't. I have a hard rule that if she can't legally buy her own drinks (21+ where I live), then she's too young. Even 21 seems a bit young to me at this point (I'm 29, BTW).

• No, I'm too old.

• I don't even know if this would apply to me since I'm 19 lol but yeah I would.

• Where's @bellgirl21?, to say, she *definitely* would! :P

• That's not much of an age gap, sure.

• Yeah I would, just 1 year difference, so it's perfect.

• Haha... absolutely not :)

• I'm getting a little old for an 18 year old.

• Ma body is rdy 😘

• Yeah buddy and how. Are you 18 and do you want to date me? I'll be waiting for your answer, and waiting, and waiting, waiting.

• i didn't have eny experience like this. so i don't know. it is not just about age, it is about understanding, love or something like that.

• nahh wouldn`t be appropriate

• Yes, I would.

• Well, I'm going to 17 in June so that would only make it just over one year age difference. So yeah, I guess I would.

• I don't think so. I'm 31 so it wouldn't seem right

• I highly doubt it lol

• I currently am. Slept in the dorms the other night that felt weird.

• Yes I would as long as it's not 10 years or over.

• Yea, my girlfriend is 19 and has been my longest and most rewarding relationship.

• Yes I would.

• I would have to have an extremely good impression from them to even give them a chance. For the most part I can not see myself wanting to date somebody that young.

• Depending upon various situation.
    girls are not emotionally stable at that stage.
    Would mostly prefer 22-24

• Of course.

• More from Guys
    42

What Girls Said 53

• Yes, if he was mature enough that is.

• Umm, well sure...

• HEEEEEl naw!

• Not a chance.

• I would not. Too young for me. We'd be at completely different points in our life.

• I would not. That is way too young. I'd feel like a pedobear even though he's legal.

• It depends.. I dated a 25 year old guy and he was really immature.. I am currently dating a 23 y/o guy and he is waaaaay more mature :p if the 18 year old guy is mature enough for me, then there would be no problem, but never met one since I was 17 or so.. 0-0

• Sure, no problem. Got me an "Older Man" already he'll 20 pretty soon!! So I guess I'll have to pass on that 18 year old! besides they say Boys mature later than Girls, that's why I went with an older one... = ]

• Yeah, obviously.

• No. Nuh uh. Nope. Nada. Never. No way José. Negative. No thanks.

• Nope... I'm not quite at cougar status yet... lol

• Yep, my boyfriend is 18, turning 19.

• Yes... I like an 18yo tbh.

• No. I want men, not boys. An 18 year old would be a boy to me, looks and maturity-wise.

• Nope. I'm too mellow for all that youth.
    Lol God, I sound so old.

• No, I wouldn't. Cause I like guys who are mature

• Why do you lie? It's the Internet. Here you can express your desire for little boys that you know you want :p

• @ihatethiswebsite Little boys? What the Hell! No. I don't like little boys. Lol.

• Hahahaha. Silly kid -.-

• no. nothing under 25.

• No. I'm almost 10 years older than that. It would no doubt resonate as strange with some people lol.

• My neighbor is the ONLY 18 year old I would ever consider dating.

• No, I don't date younger.

• Yeah, sure :)

• I'm 19 so ya

• No I would not. They can't drink, can't get into clubs. I'm good

• Sure, nothing wrong with dating someone my age :p

• Maybe. But I prefer older guys (30+)

• no... a guy 4 years younger is big no

• Nahhh , I'd pass on that

• Yes, not above it.

• Yes... but I'm 18 too lol

• No, I wouldn't. I am not into younger guys.

• More from Girls
    23