Have you dated someone when you weren't sure about your feelings towards them?

Would you continue dating someone if you had feelings for them, but at the same time weren't sure? You guys always have fun, but you still continue dating. Have you ever been on this boat?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have and that's what made it so interesting; I'm trying to figure out why I'm somewhat fond of her...

What Girls Said 8

• Yes but not for longer than 3 months or so but women aren't the same as men on this. Women can grow feelings or an attachment slowly or with time and even become attached to men we aren't compatible with if sex is introduced too early.

Men in my opinion tend to know pretty quick if the girl is someone they could love or not and unfortunately it isn't something we can pick to feel. So you have fun and are comfortable with her, maybe the sex is okay but no spark? Do you miss her when you go a few days without her and think about her first thing when you awake?

If it is mutually casual and she isn't falling for you then probably no harm but if you stick around knowing there is no long term viability the chances increase she will grow feelings at which point you can sever things but the damage is done and she will be left hurt and confused.

Women 'grow' feelings men don't so this is where the trouble of the game you are playing comes in (though no fault is implied).

• Love your opinion. We can never understand women, and women can't understand men yet we're drawn together. When a woman doesn't move at the same pace we do (which is usually pretty quick), we tend to get confused and think she's not interested. It's one of those things we will never understand about women haha.

• Yeah, but not for very long. If I've been seeing someone for over a month and I'm still not feelin' it, I can pretty much assume I'm never gonna so I end things. No sense wasting my time or theirs.

• Of course. And that's how I came to my current thoughts about dating. I think people should figure out if they're truly into the person and attracted to them if sex is going to be an issue BEFORE they date.

The feelings didn't change by the way.

• I understand and agree, but what do you mean by "The feelings didn't change by the way."

• Just in case if you were curious about my relationship that caused me to change my thoughts about dating. I suppose I should have said "in case if you wanted to know".

• No. If I'm unsure of how I feel about someone, that means that I should not be with that person. I have been in that situation and it ended quickly because my unsure-ness became super evident.

• Yes, I did it just to see whether we can go far.

• Yes, when first went to uni bad idea

• Why was it bad?

• Interesting. I'm not on a similar ship as that, so I hope everything goes okay. Going in too soon is never a good idea.

• We split but are better for it

• Yes, it didn't work out but we managed to remain friends

His feelings were just always stronger than my own.
    Of course we had a lot in common and always had a great time. He wasn't bad looking at all, in fact very popular guy. But I still felt completely platonic even while attempting to date. But we had a good time and he never ceased to make me smile...

You just can't help how you do or don't feel about someone. "It's just nature" but it's always worth a shot.

• Yes I did and it end well we ended up married so it works out some times and I love him so much now

• That's kind of sweet :).

What Guys Said 1

• i did and it was kinda shitty. now i don't do anything unless i got a good feeling.