What makes you decide to friendzone someone?

If things seem to be going well, what makes you decide you want to be friends rather than date?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are, in fact, quite a few reasons why one might friendzone:
    >They might not think of the person in a sexual way. [Give it time.]
    >They might not want to risk your friendship because they can't afford to lose you. [VERY IMPORTANT: This kind of friendzoning can wasily be worked upon. DON'T GIVE UP!]
    >Their friend might have a crush on you. So going out with you would be 'betrayal'. [This kind of friendzone is a complete no go. There's nothing you can do. Sorry...]

These are few of the reasons that have crossed my mind as to why I have friendzoned some guys. Hope it helps! All the best!! ^_^

What Girls Said 6

• I like them as a friend and not as a boyfriend... but I don't consider it friendzoning... that's just a word that pissed off dudes use when their lady friends don't want to bone them.

• If I really see guys just as friends or there's something that makes us compatible for being friends but not relationship like. As in some sort of trait the person or I have.

• A lot of the times, it is that you're not physically attracted to that person. Girls don't usually "friendzone" just to be mean, it happens because they just want to be friends. However, a lot of girls also use it as an excuse to string boys along and that's not okay.

• Honestly, just time. Just about all guys that I pursue friendships with I would go on a date to see what happens. Unless we had been friends for a while, that's when I start to "friend zone" them.

• I dont want to ruin our friendship or Im just simply not interested.

• If I spend any time with you... I will most likely accept a date to see if it can go anywhere.

What Guys Said 4

• Can't see them as more than a friend. Maybe I don't find them attractive, or they aren't interesting, or they have too much baggage (kids, emotions, etc). Doesn't always mean I wouldn't sleep with them, but it's my way of avoiding some all out relationship.

• See most men see all women as potential mates intill we decide to put them in the friend zones. Most women see all men as friends until they see a reason to see you as more. So really we're all friend zoned first then put in the more than friends category later. I don't know why people always thinks it is the opposite way. So the answer is she doesn't see a reason to be more than friends.

• Is this true? O. o
      Would be great lol, meaning there mostly is a chance!

• I simply like them as my friends and nothing more.

• You only friendzone people that you're not interested in fucking.