Any Christians?

How do I keep trusting God to put a good person in my life? Someone who will love and value me as I do them?

Most Helpful Guy

• How do I keep trusting God to put a good person in my life?
    Have faith dearie it will come to you in the Gods perfect time when you least expect it believe that everything has a purpose.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

- Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

• Thank you so much

• Your welcome and thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 11

• God helps those who help themselves. You do the hard work and let the Lord work on more pressing issues.

• I've dated "good men" but it doesn't pan out... I dedicate time for prayer and studying His word. And just try and stay focused on Him. These dates just hit brick walls or the men aren't what they say they are.

• Just know that He has great plans for you, whether He puts someone into your life or not. I've putt all my trust in Him, whether He puts someone into my life or not.

• honestly, you gotta do it yourself.

why would a God do things for you if you are not willing yourself.

bee-tee-dubs thats what it sounds like, since you said "keep trusting God"

• I think there's been a misunderstanding across the board. Trusting God doesn't mean I'm not doing anything. I work I date I pray I go to church. Most of the people understood what I meant. I'm asking how do I keep faith that God will eventually bring me to the right man. Not that I'll be sitting at home and the right man will just walk to my door. God allows free will. So obviously that's not what I'm asking for at all, for a man to just be plopped in front of me.

• the confusion is real, after reading other comments hahaa

• Thanks for your advice I appreciate it

• God does not do everything for you,
    Some times you gotta make the move
    You gotta some times make two
    God may just make your luck improve

• My issue is finding that someone

• Thanks that's true. I think a lot of Christians try to rush His time line. I am guilty of it.

• Any time, I needed to practice making poems

• go out and find someone that believes be very picky, they don't have to be perfect but they have to be what you like when it comes to god, which is gonna be difficult but they'll pop up

• Short answer to your initial question? You don't.

your god won't do your dirty work for you, You have to go out and do your own legwork to make you happy.

• It's not doing the "legwork/dirtywork." My relationship with God requires me to trust him fully. Asking how to remain patient and faithful.

• I read that. But my faith is not that way. But I respect the way you believe and appreciate your advice. You aren't to rely on your self... If you do that what's the point of God? But I also understand like I said many people believe differently and j dorm judge either way. That's just not how my relationship with God is. THANK YOU so much for the advice

• " You aren't to rely on your self... If you do that what's the point of God? "

That's my point! My point is that there is no point. Why shouldn't I rely on myself to find ME someone I like? ( I Would prefer to continue this in a PM please as it is no longer related to the question at hand, should you choose to continue this PM me please, otherwise this answer indeed requires no more comments)

• I'm Catholic does that count?

• Lolz at the downvotes by an atheist.

• I asked the same thing when I've been cheated on so many times that it seems like love hates me. The average person goes to many relationship or dates in order to find that one special person who appreciates then, respects them and love them for who you are. Eventually I did, and I've been with my SO for more than a year now. I just keep on going and never stopped trying no matter how many rejects or bad relationship I have been in.

• Thanks so much. That's uplifting.

• No gods are there to help you

• Not everyone is meant to find a good person. Some people must journey life alone.

• Wait. It may take some time but he'll give you your wish.

• hey i love u and value u as u do to me :)... ur wish has been accepted

What Girls Said 3

• Stay in prayer. Show God that you have patience and you're not doubting the fact that he is going to put someone with Christian values in your life. Also, ask for guidance on where to go and what to do with your time... This may lead to your good person.

• I think that's a struggle for everyone. Being patient and trusting His plan

• I pray constantly. I just try and dedicate my time to prayer and studying His word and church and work.

• It boils down to your faith in God in the end. Show him that you put all of your faith in him. Reading his word is magnificent but faith AND prayer is the key. It's in your heart.

• I'm Christian, and God will put the love of your life in your life when you least expect it.

• The right person will come along, but all good things come in time. You just have to be patient.

• Patience is hard to practice

• I know, but when you ask God for patience, he gives you opportunities to be. Take advantage of that which is given to you to make yourself better, in hopes of finding your other half

• Thank you so so much. Because that is so true and I am always forgetting that when I pray I also need to listen