Would it be a good move to say it's not a date?

I've talked about asking my crush out with my dad, and he said that I should, when asking her out, specify that it is not a date, but that I think that she's funny and nice and I would like to have lunch with her at x time. Is this good or not? Specific details include:

Age: 15 and 15
Gender: Male and female.
Location of said date: Awesome taco truck downtown.
Height: 5'9 1/2" and approx. 5'5-6"(I don't know her exact height)

Please give constructive criticism and feedback.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't call it a date if you need to get past her parents, but don't specify that it isn't one.
    Call it hanging out, or grabbing q bite.

What Girls Said 3

• What? You like this girl, right? You're clearly interested? Ask her on a DATE.

Daddy is wrong. Specifying that it's not a date won't let her know that you're truly interested in her romantically. She'll think you two are hanging-out and you might even be friend-zoned.

So ask her out on a date.

• Yeah, go for it.

• Specify, please?

• NO NO NO NO NO, did you mean go for the telling her is not a date or not?

• Okay so when you said "I've talked about asking my crush out with my dad" I thought that you meant that your dad was tagging along, and that's why you should tell her it's not a date lol. Okay never mind, if it's just the two of you and you like her, you should certainly call it a date.

• No noooo nooo noooot a taco truck

• Lol, that's what I thought, too, it was his suggestion.

• Omg lol... Try going mini golf when I was younger I had a date at the mini golf and we had an awesome date we ate there at the park and it was cheap and super fun you can try that but please noooot the taco truck at downtown

• If you do that she'll think you're a cheap ass and might not see you as a boyfriend material and she'll friend zone you

What Guys Said 5

• I don't really get your dads logic. You should ask her out on a date, if you think there a good chance she likes you. If you think she's not quite there yet, then suggest you guys to hang out and don't specify whether its a date or not - then play it by ear.

DO NOT specify its not a date - as your dad suggested. That's how you get friendzoned.

• Since you're only 15, he may be using a sly loophole to get around her dad's no dating til you're 16 rule. Wise old perv if you ask me.

• Just take her on a date man.

• It's not what the date is, it's how you're acting on the outing

• Ummm no bro, you need to tell her it's a date, girls will friendzone you if you don't