The myth of nice guys and dating?

Let me just say that i am nice , iam a nice person who is capable of getting angry and acting like an ass but for the most part i am nice , however i dont think its why i only had 1 girlfriend so far , i keepp reading online that you have to be an ass and act a certain way to get girls... but at the same way i see quite a lot of nice guys with pretty and amazing girls so maybe its the situation you're put in , what clubs you choose ot join , what school you go to , what kind of competition you have , of course being a weakling and nice as hell is not going to do you any good , also if a girl wants to sleep with you/kiss you and you go a couple dates with her and never do it do you really think she will just lose interest? if she really wants you then she will want to spend more time with and do more things with you , i dont think its about being nice or an ass , iam still figuring it out myself but maybe its about confidence , you dont have to control her and make the first move all you have to do is being confident in what you're doing thats how it works ( at least theortically ) if you're sitting in your car with a girl late at night talking and you want to kiss her is being an ass going to work? i dont think so , as i said iam not the most experienced and need to figure out things so I don't know feel free to share your opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am wary of people who think that since I am a nice good person, i should get special treatment especially from the opposite sex. Being a good person is a choice you make for yourself, for your own selfesteem and because you want to feel worthy of respect and affection when the right woman who also wants respect and affection crosses your path. Hard work, intelligence, strength and perserverance can take you farther in life than just plain fucking lazy and entitled niceness.

If you are considering acting as an asshole to get laid or get a girlfriend then you should seriously question your own niceness and question if its fear based compliant and false niceness or if your niceness comes from your own strength of character and good heart.

• i act nice because i enjoy it i dont like people taking advantage of that and i stop them from doingit , but iam nice becase well... iam nice

• I dont care if you are a nice person or not. Its all up to you.

What Girls Said 1

• just be yourself funny is what girls like

What Guys Said 4

• This is my opinion on the whole nice guy ordeal:

I hate how people believe that they have to be an asshole to get women the thing the asshole has is balls to go up to a girl they think is attractive and thats it if you believe that not being nice is key you're not really a nice person we were raised "hopefully everyone" to be nice/kind to everyone not just for chicks

• You don't have to rationalize every single detail out in your head. Meet up with her and may you have a great time. If you tune yourself for mindgames and competition then that's what you'll get.

Bo confident, but not rude. Be nice, polite and mannered, but don't do it to suck up or in an attempt to impress - women get turned off the Most by fakes.

• in this age being nice is a death sentence if you win you still lose loss of interest is the most common reason for break up and cheating now. just make yourself irresistable with self improvement and hope the girl you chose is worth a damn.

• I've heard the whole "I'm a gentlemen to girls but they won't put out" so many times I just don't care anymore if they ever find happiness. Some people are destined to never feel the affection of another human being for as long as they live. Believe it or not there have been people who have lived to old age without ever kissing or having sex and they weren't abstinent by choice either.