MEN: what keeps you happy in a relationship?

quote: "I think most people believe that sex is enough to keep most guys happy but girls have to be romanced; so in most loving relationships, it becomes about keeping the woman happy."

men, do you agree? and beyond sex, what keeps you happy in a relationship?

(side note: I'm not assuming sex is enough.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect that the reason men are not saying much is because they have not honestly asked the question of themselves.

I know I did not ask these questions... ever.

Then I found myself married to a woman that, denied me sex, cheated on me, lied to me, squandered money, abandoned me and our young son and sold her services as a prostitute.

I divorced her, obtained custody of our son and am remarried to a lovely woman.

For me the bar has been set so low, that just sitting quietly with her after a nice meal is something I experience as pure bliss.

Beyond that, I think @Masked sanity has given an accurate rundown of what any man would appreciate.

• @MaskedSanity

Fucking autocorrect!

• It is a sobering discovery to find that loneliness inside a relationship is far worse than loneliness from having no relationship at all.

What Guys Said 15

• Sex, kissing, making out, and even romantic dates aren't enough for me. I want somebody who I could just hang out with. Someone who I don't have to worry about impressing all the time

• ah, I like your last line. a lot of guys seem to think they have to go nuts trying to impress you all the time and it isn't really necessary.

• Sex isn't what keep us happy in a relationship. Its juz a motive/ambition that most guys have and will most likely dump dat azz soon afterwards they completed there journey for that purpose. Being near u is enough to make us happy and give us butterflies. Other than that, they juz want one thing.. sex as an excuse to get laid 👌🏼

• lol, never heard a guy say anything gives him butterflies.. cute! ;)

• Dont get meh wrong, i want dat BIC booty Julie 👄💋

• @watashiwahanadesu baby lately I've been thinken.. if we could walk hand in hand ☺️

• Beyond sex? *tries to remember*

warmth, affection, some appreciation.

• Being able to share interests and do things together. Being able to share your feelings and not be judged.

• It's funny that when we guys are at a stage in life where you aren"t able to bring it up and shag the whole town, that's when we get to value relationships even more.

• A girl who cares about making us happy, it seems like you're already concerned about that so you're already almost there)

• There has to be sex. There also has to be companionship, activities, openness.

• Sex, food, and silence.

• Apart from sex well communication sounds all.

• oh shit beyond sex.. doing all the stuff that turns me on or makes me happy

• what is that stuff?

• and things like helping with erend, or cooking or groceries

• well, that's sweet. I love cooking. hopefully, it'll make a guy happy someday. (:

• knowing that I'm wanted and irreplaceable and that she never let's me think otherwise

• I may not be indicative of all guys but here's what I think most of us want.

Companionship - hardly any guy likes to be alone ALL the time. Not many here will admit to it, but if we're struggling with personal issues that we can't share with our guy friends or family, you don't realize how much of a help you can be to us. Someone who we can confide in our deepest, darkest problems with.
    Sharing in our interests - usually a couple that does activities together, stays together. I think it's awesome when a former girlfriend wanted to go running with me - as an example.
    i like someone who can challenge me both intellectually and physically (I don't mean someone who can beat the hell out of me, I mean athletically like in sports or running). A competitive spirit doesn't hurt as we sometimes need our egos humbled every now and again. But in the long run, it makes us a better person and we have you to thank for it.

But when it comes right down to it, all of us guys are really simple creatures. There's not much mystery or code you have to break. Just food, sex, and sleep is what most guys need to satisfy them. We're really not that hard to keep happy. But it certainly helps when we have someone who is our equal and can talk and relate to.

Hope this helps!

• Sex is rather unimportant. Not much of a motivation. I honestly could do without it.

Respect is most important. Love and sex are negotiable, respect is not.

I do believe women are more needy in relationships, I agree with you there. Most relationships are about keeping a girl pacified.

• I agree that people believe sex is enough for guys and that people think it's more important that the woman is happy.

I would think guys would want to be romanced just like girls do, but guys are ok not having it because they know its extremely rare for a women to ever do that.

• ok. but the question was actually what keeps YOU happy in a relationship?

• I've never been in one.

• I agree. Women need to feel loved to have sex. Men need to have sex to feel loved.

i68.photobucket.com/.../...gtC1zr1qgpzvfo1_500.gif

• what keeps YOU happy was the main question?

• what's too much to ask? it's a simpl question.

geez, the way guys are half ass answering this is why they don't get more of what they actually want.

• Honesty is too much to ask from most women, most people. It was a simple answer. Geez, I'll be using just the sphincter from now on.

What Girls Said 3

• Blowjobs.

But in all seriousness, I imagine men stay with women who aren't colossal bitches with an unwarranted sense of entitlement and brain cells one can count on their hand.

Engaging conversations, understanding, compassion, trust, common interests and the ability not to have a meltdown over menial things.

These are the qualities my boyfriend has and I can't think of any reason why these couldn't be applied to women as well.

There's more to a relationship than sex. If there isn't - it's not a relationship, it's just a hookup.

• I think most people want to be with someone that they can be themselves with and who make them feel special.

• This is for men but i hope you don't mind if i answer it. I'm not in any relationship now and i won't till I'm done with high school. It will make me happy when i know that my boyfriend is sincere and honest with me. When i know that he truly loves me. The cuddling and all. No sex till marriage though. I try to keep my moral standard high.