Would you date a girl whose best friend is a guy?

So I hang out with this guy (james) everyday and we're like best friends, we just enjoy a lot of the same things and talk a lot. Everyone always thinks we're dating and I'm almost always with him or my other friend sara. I'm friends with a lot of people but these are just the 2 I hang out with the most.

I haven't been in a relationship in a few years now and I really want to meet/date someone but I am really shy and am with james or sara all the time. On one hand I feel like I need to stop hanging out with james so much because I just really want to be with someone as a couple but on the other hand james is my best friend and I don't really want to hang out with him less.

i guess basically I'm just wondering what guys think about a girl with a best friend that's a guy? And how do I get back in the game?

Most Helpful Guy

• wow likewise, I'm having trouble getting back in the game as well; I haven't dated a girl since my sophmore year and now I'm a senior. I'm not sure having a guy as your bestfriend is the problem, it really depends about you. I think in order to get back in the game is to put yourself in it, and kinda like shadow said, start flirting, you will probably find your groove, and guys will love it. as long as your love interest understands he's just a friend, there should be no worries.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd date a girl who's best friend is a guy. I've done it before and I'd do it again.

It does create jealousy issues, but they're not impossible to overcome. Mainly, you have to make it really obvious to any prospective boyfriends that James really is just a friend and nothing sexual is going on between you two.

After that, you just have to remember not to f*** your best friend. My ex-gf forgot that part, which is why we're not dating any more.

• Well, I would date a girl whos best friend is a guy. I don't really see anything wrong with that but, I can't really help you with the "getting back in the game" part since I haven't had much experience in that area anyways. but I would suggest just finding a guy, make friends with them, start flirting, then see what happens. worked for some girls I know (which happen to be some of my best friends) hope I could help ;-)

What Girls Said 0