What constitutes a boyfriend?

I've been seeing this guy for about a month - going to dinners and lunches, baseball games, and museums, and doing various outdoor activities we both enjoy. He had me over to his place to make a dinner together, watch a movie, and spend the night, and he asked me the question, "So, are we seeing other people?" We decided we weren't, and that we'd be exclusive (I'm personally very happy in all respects, so this was a no-brainer for me, and I think it was for him too). Now he wants me to meet his friends on Sunday, and I'm wondering, is he my boyfriend? Do I wait for him to introduce me as his girlfriend? And what if he doesn't? I'm feeling a little neurotic.

I'm not terribly hung up on labels, but in the age of this millenial dating thing where you're together but you're actually not, things can get a little confusing. For context, I was seeing a guy for about 9 months last year, but he was totally and completely averse to the "boyfriend" label even though we were exclusive.

So... what constitutes a boyfriend/partner/significant other?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's safe to say that you guys are in a relationship and that he's your boyfriend. My boyfriend never asked me to be his girlfriend but it just kind of happened. If you both are in agreeance to not see other people that should be enough to consistuste him as your boyfriend.

What Guys Said 1

• If you tell each other its exclusice, then It sounds like you guys are dating

What Girls Said 2

• If you're exclusive, and you're meeting each others family and friends, yeah I'd call him your boyfriend.

• When you guys discuss it and label it