Anyone else had luck on dating sites?

I've sent out over 150 messages, had many responses back but they always seem to end abruptly on the females side, out of say 30 responses i've actually met two, one didn't like that i was taller then her so left, the other well it's a funny ol story but, share your stories if you'd like success or failure :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Ditch the dating sites, and join places like MeetUp, or REI Adventures so you actually meet people organically and get a true sense of who they are BEFORE bothering with a formal date.

People always put their best version of themselves online and they look perfect on paper... but true compatibility isn't measured on paper; it's got to be in person.

Match, POF and eHarmony all gave me their "perfect" matched, and they all turned out train wrecks. One site even matched me with an ex boyfriend!

• I agree they are odd places, I've just been giving it a go so to speak, but with been cheated on before as she still liked her ex, and left by a long time partner while i was seriously ill ( she left because she couldn't bear to see me that way apparently), and another saying i don't like you due to height difference, my confidence is a little shot haha, those 3 were all offline too, what's a guy to do to get a break :)

• Well, you're pretty young! Dating becomes easier when you are in your 30's because people have a better sense of self, most likely have established careers, and don't have time for games.

Speaking as a girl who was once in her 20's... we don't know what we want, who we are, tend to be far more insecure and needing constant validation from others, are not set up in our jobs... and just don't make great girlfriends in general.

• I hugely appreciate your input, i do understand that, i often get it said i'm ahead for my time haha, as even now i don't play any games, waste time or any of that nonsense as my life has been a little rougher i guess you could say, i don't waste time on silly little things, i'm not a douche by any standard... i don't think, but again i massively appreciate your input and thank you again :)

Have a cookie, or a sticker or a lollipop which ever payment you will accept :)

What Girls Said 2

• Most people don't have that much luck, although I do have friends who met their boyfriends online!

• Thanks for the opinion :)
      Yeah I've had no luck what so ever, it always starts of great on my end then they just disappear, or come up with an excuse, or we trade numbers make plans etc etc and nothing... this is after a while by the way i'm not just handing out my number willy nilly haha

• Thank you very much :)
      Have an awesome day

• from what i hear its guys aimlessly sending messages to hot women, many reaching too high, and those same women being overly picky. Its very unnatural basically.

• Agreed :)
      But a guy can try eh? haha nah it's definitely a numbers game.

• see my issue is i work and have a son so i just eventually want to date a guy who has a kid because guys without kids dont get my situation. So unfortunately ill have to try this dating site thing.

• I've actually dated someone with a kid already, as i'm not going to shy away from the fact the kid will always come first, i'd treat it as if it were my own but respect that it isn't and never will be after all to me the child is an innocent bystander, i apparently made a great father figure, but due to the idiot ex, and money and such she had to move away back with her parents and we both said our farewells, we keep in touch occasionally which is nice but stuff happens :)

What Guys Said 6

• I've met a few women on the now defunct bondage. com had a lot of fun. My worst experience though was met a lady, we hit it off she was in San Francisco I was in Salt Lake City. But I planned a trip to go to Fulsom Street Fair. She's all no, I've got a spare room no need to pay for a motel room. So I load up the bike (old Honda CB900) and head out, pick up a show along the way (I used to work in music), and arrive 2 days later.
    I call her her phone is off, email her no response, she never gave me her address (wanted to meet me first) never heard from her again. So as I didn't budget a room I spent the first night on the beach, got a room the next, rode home and slept in the desert during the commute
    To this day no idea what happened this was back in 2002

• Lol it's really hard to go from person from dating site to person I know, lol if that makes sense

• Indeed it does, it's a fun game alright, well it is to many on there :)

• I have had many good and bad experiences on dating sites, I generally love them. You just have to filter out all the fake profiles, attention seekers and nitwits, and you are in luck.
    I have one general rule: don't take too long to ask for a date. It's usually after 1 week for me at most, sometimes sooner. If she means business she will agree.

• AFF but it is starting to die off but also had lots of luck on sugardaddyforme

• Met a couple of girls on OKC. I wasn't really seriously looking at the time and they messaged me first. First one ended in a couple of months, been with the second for almost two years now.

• Congratulations, i hope you guys stay a happy couple :)
      myself I've had a little luck, but as i stated it was a funny, odd story so hey ho, i might meet someone someday... probably while shopping and in a frenzied state because someone rammed me with a trolley :)

• I thought the messages were supposed to come to you? I made an okcupid and got close to 180 in just 1 night.