Very confused ~ please give advise?

I have been dating this korean guy for two years , I am 23 and he is 24 ~ things went very well for the first year but now things went wrong... I am not sure if its a korean culture or its just him... ( I am not a korean girl ) . The problem started when I went back to Japan for a long holiday , he told me he doesn't have enough money to come and see me and he was back at korea ~ I was totally ok with that because we both have our family to take care of ( he meets his family once every year, in holidays only ) .

when we were seperated It seems like he suddenly became so jealousy and does not trust me at all... eg ~ I am going out celebrating friend's birthday , or going to any events that includes my guy friends ( we always going as a group , NEVER EVER ALONE ) . He gets super angry and upset and complains he does not know my friends in japan very well ( even I was video calling him when he asks to, I never try to hide anything. He has all my friends facebook ) . This gets worse ~ I am working/helping with my older sister who is a full time cake maker ( I used to work in a cafe and know how to make some desserts ) . When we needs to decorate cakes , we needs to speak to to our customers , and he gets madly angry when I do speak to any male customer about cake designs and enquiries...

Its confusing... he used to be so sweet and caring in the past , I really have no idea how he turns out like this... we never ever had any trust issues or big arguments. But now we almost argue everyday because I think that he overly reacts to everything but he thinks thats his caring ~ not sure if this is korean culture thing or its only him?

Thank you for reading my long story. Really needs advise...

Most Helpful Girl

• He must have a legitimate reason for doing that. First of all are you very attractive looking? Second Japanese and Koreans look down on each other and they think they are better than the other.

What Guys Said 3

• insecurities raging.
    its better to stay off him for a while so that he realizes his mistake. it works sometimes.

• In korea, girls and guys can never be just friends. That' how they think.

• it sounds like he is insecure. dont take that from him. let him know it is making things worse. and if he doesn't stop, then leave. that isn't a healthy relationship by any means, for either of you

What Girls Said 2

• DROP HIM! Sis this isn't going to end well! He need to figure out himself!

• This guy is a control freak. it has nothing to do with culture, he just want to feel in control. I'm a psychology major. he is a textbook control freak