Girls, I always wonder, why would a girl want to play hard to get?

Just my curiousity. Please give your opinion

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Because girls don't want to seem too "easy." Think about it. If a girl were to sleep around on the first date with every guy she went out with, she'd be deemed "easy" and therefore a slut. No one wants to be called a slut, thanks to our slut-shaming culture, so girls play hard to get. (Of course, in this case, replace the whole sex analogy with romance.)

What Girls Said 12

• Most of the times, she doesn't really like you then. Depends on what you call hard to get.
    Or, she's not the kind of person who gives all in immediately, because of a bad past or she doesn't trust you.
    Both are not really a good prospect.

• We want to see if your feelings are sincere and we like guys who don't give up

• It gives a guy more of a chase. If a girl is too easy for a guy to get he might get bored, and she might not seem so special.

• If I had to guess it's because she wants to see how bad you really want her, like it lets her know that you're not going to give up on her and that you're going to stay committed to her and only her. By her playing hard to get and you chasing her makes her feel wanted and it gives girls a feeling that just can't be described. That or she is just not that interested and she hopes you'll get the hint.

• I don't want to or like to, I tend to do it to bring my guy back :$

• Usually girls play hard to get because they want to test the waters with things or aren't completely sure if they should involve themselves in a certain relationship.

• Just protect yourself from get hurt

• They feel like they will get attention levels to max

• Afraid of being hurt

• A girl would play hard to get to see if a guy actually likes her and trys for her or gives up on her and just wanted a booty call

• Some people misinterpret "playing hard to get " when really the girl is just disinterested. Then on the other hand , some girls play hard to get just to see how much you care. If you chase them then they know you do.

• Because if we don't we get called 'easy' or a 'slut'. Also, guys lose interest if you don't. They like the chase.