How would you react if you were confronted to a fight while you were on a date?

This question is for both men and women. Also how would you react if your date was confronted to get in a fight as well?

This question relates to Louis. C. K. on Netflix. He was confronted by some punk high school jocks in front of his date. The bully asked him to nicely to say "Please, don't kick my ass" in front of his date.

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess it depends on what the fight was over. if it was something severe enough, i guess i'd kick of my heels, pull my hair back and deal with it. but if it's something stupid, i'd avoid it. for my husband, he won't hesitate to protect me. has that ever happened to you?

• Love the response!
      And in a way, kind of. It wasn't a date but I met a girl for the first time that I was interested in after 2 hours of knowing each other. Some punks at a gas station claimed that I was "mean mugging" them and asked me if I wanted to start something. I of course didn't want to fight but more importantly I didn't want to reveal any weakness.
      At the end I turned down the fight like a bitch and drove away with her. Shot down whatever chemistry there was between her and I.

• yikes! well im sorry to hear that. fighting, unless it's for a good reason, is really immature. in high school it's the thing to do but when we grow up we kind of learn that not all fights are worth it. at least you stuck up for urself tho! it's better to say no to a fight then potentially get hurt. or hurt someone else.

• I agree! Thanks for the post.
      P. S. I think the situation would have been different I was alone. Or with a few buddies of mine.

What Girls Said 5

• I've never been in a fight before and I'd be damned if I let that be my first fight lol I'd try to be the bigger person and try reasoning, also it depends on what it's about. If it's stupid I'd walk away or something. If it's serious then I don't know I might lol if my partner got confronted to a fight I wouldn't want him to fight lol

• I'm not a fighter, I would try to either calm the situation down or I would leave. If they persisted I'd threaten to call the police and actually do it.

• Depends on whether or not it's worth fighting for. And depends on how far I am into the date, and whether or not I want to show him the devil inside XD

• I'm clam the situation and try reason with the person then I get managment to resolve the issue. If was in place with no mnagment then I would call the cops and tell my girl to call them and go away out harms way.

I would never fight the person. I'm not a fighter, and also I want to protect my woman in safe way.

Then when the issue been resolved I go home and make love to my woman to release tension.

• So do you know for sure that your significant other won't be turned off from backing away from an intense confrontation?

• I doesn't matter what she believes. I know what I stand for, and in most cases I myself don't bleive in fighting. I think there other ways to resolve an issue. Plus, fight cause a lot of damage in you life both physicall, legally and mentally. I don't think of it as backing away. I think of it as being wise.

• Good response!

• It depends on what it was about. Some things aren't worth fighting over.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on the reason for the fight. I'm a big guy, and I know how to defend myself, so I have nothing to prove by arbitrarily getting into fights. I prefer to avoid them with reason, and logic, if possible.

The only reason I would enter into a fight, voluntarily, is to protect someone I love. So, if my girlfriend was being threatened, or in danger, I would fight. She's a grown woman, and I trust her to handle most things on her own, but if she's being threatened with physical harm, then you'd better believe someone's getting their ass kicked.

• Depends. Is a police record a possibility, am I right, will I lose the girl and do I care.