How to date a girl who is undateable because of her past?

well lets just say, she keeps pushing a new guy away for trying to understand more bout her and make herself undateable for certain reasons she won't tell. She claims to be messed up and rather not date. So it's impossible to make her open for dates and therefore I should rather be friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you're a new guy and she doesn't trust you enough to tell you what's going on maybe the best option would be to "stay friends".

If you work on building a solid friendship,
    I think it's more likely that she'll start telling you personal details then you can gage if it's something you can work with or around

Think of it this way: if you had some type of past problem. Who would you tell your new date or your friend?
    If you told you date, I'd imagine it'd go something like this: Hey, I know we just met but I'd like to tell you that I just got out of an abusive relationship or I'm struggling with depression but don't worry I'm totally sane and dateable.
    Not saying it's anything that serious but you get the idea...

What Girls Said 7

• depending on how messed up she is...
    maybe patience, be sensitive to what she's been through..
    accept that she might not get better and move on.

• What makes her undateable?

• I would try friends or just cut the line altogether. I've been dealing with a guy for several months who is screwed up because of his past bad experiences with women, and it hasn't worked out. Thought he was really nice to start off with, but he is not open to a relationship it seems and thinks marriage is ridiculous, because of a preconceived notion that all women are bad and will screw you over.

• If she's "undateable", it means there's no way you can date her.

• you mean she is considered as undateable. But what do you mean he isn't dateable?

• you can't unless you want to deal with all the strings that come

• How to "date" an "undateable" girl...

What Guys Said 2

• What do you consider an undatable person's past? Like a pornstar of some sort? A prostitute? Used to be a man? What?

• undateable is subjective.