Should I let her take me to dinner and pay?

It is birthday in a few days and my girlfriend said she wants to take me out for dinner and pay for both of us. I have always taken her out and payed for her but she never did for me and we never split the bill. I have always been told a gentleman always pays. Should I let her pay? We both have relatively high paying jobs.

• No a gentleman always pays.
  • It's okay to let her pay.
  • Try to split the bill.

Most Helpful Girl

• She probably feels bad about you always paying! This time she wants you to feel special and pay. Give her a kiss at the end of the date and tell her I really appreciated it! :) trust me.

• Yeah she does feel guilty I guess. She said she wants to contribute as much to the relationship as I do.

• Yeah she is sweetheart. I am so lucky to have her.

• So sweet...

What Girls Said 5

• It's your birthday. Let her treat you!

• If she's offering to pay let her pay she wants to treat you!

• yeah let her pay! its for your birthday so i don't see the big deal :)

• It's a birthday present, let her pay.

• let her pay girls sometime like to be the one who invited i dd that for the first date with a guy I really love.

What Guys Said 5

• Get that free dinner!

• This happened to me, and I tried to split the bill and she insisted to pay and I was like okay :D

• Yeah, she taking you out, it's OK bro.

• each should pay his/her own meal in my opinion

• Sounds like she's way over due in paying for dates. You want someone who contributes, not someone who drains your bank account.