Texting your girlfriend all the time?

I've been seeing this girl for a few weeks, we like each other and text once a day, just a few back and forth. The thing that's nauseating to me is seeing all these people that seem to text/call their SO every second they're apart, I don't know if I really want to do that. I mean, what could you always have to talk about? If I see a friend two days in a row I get bored because I feel like we eventually run out of things to talk about, do I really have to constantly go back and forth?

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't have to constantly go back and forth :/
    People who insist that you do that are usually either very clingy and needy or don't have much of a social life outside of the relationship (or both).

Adult life with duties, priorities, and responsibilities gets pretty busy so having your face glued to a screen for most of the day so that you can text simply isn't realistic. And to be honest, I don't think it's very healthy either! You guys may get sick of each other and bored with each other before you really even spend all that much time face to face.

What Girls Said 4

• that's why its called a realationship...

• What could you possibly have to talk about all the time? What could be soooooo interesting if you're not experiencing life and learning about new things to keep a conversation going because you're too busy having to hooked up to your phone texting your SO?

• im just talking from my point of view... me and my partner are in a LDR so its abit different were send links to eachother that make us laugh... good morning or good night txts a few through out the day saying how our day had been or even just randeom txts with I love u or winding eachother up... if u found the right person u can never get bored of speaking with them or even learning about them and talking about stupid everyday things...

• I don't think you should have to text someone all the time, but you should at least hear from them a couple of times a day if you're dating. I've dated guys who have ignored my texts for months and weeks on end with ridiculous excuses and it's the most annoying thing ever.

• Only do it if it feels natural. People don't really do it bc they're dating, but there's always a stage where everything you see makes you think about your so and you just HAVE to share it with your loved one

• No whenever you wanna text her , text her. Vice versa for her. As for me when I text you and you take a while to text back often, I just stop texting you all toghether. But thats just me.

What Guys Said 1

• huh... i found this confusing as well basically... another reason y i don't wanna b in a relationship...;-)

• Yes, it does compromise your freedom quite a bit, I have to admit that's why I've been more reluctant to do these things most of my life.