Texting your girlfriend all the time?

I've been seeing this girl for a few weeks, we like each other and text once a day, just a few back and forth. The thing that's nauseating to me is seeing all these people that seem to text/call their SO every second they're apart, I don't know if I really want to do that. I mean, what could you always have to talk about? If I see a friend two days in a row I get bored because I feel like we eventually run out of things to talk about, do I really have to constantly go back and forth?

0|0
5|1

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't have to constantly go back and forth :/
    People who insist that you do that are usually either very clingy and needy or don't have much of a social life outside of the relationship (or both).

Adult life with duties, priorities, and responsibilities gets pretty busy so having your face glued to a screen for most of the day so that you can text simply isn't realistic. And to be honest, I don't think it's very healthy either! You guys may get sick of each other and bored with each other before you really even spend all that much time face to face.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• that's why its called a realationship...

0|0
    0|0
    • What could you possibly have to talk about all the time? What could be soooooo interesting if you're not experiencing life and learning about new things to keep a conversation going because you're too busy having to hooked up to your phone texting your SO?

• im just talking from my point of view... me and my partner are in a LDR so its abit different were send links to eachother that make us laugh... good morning or good night txts a few through out the day saying how our day had been or even just randeom txts with I love u or winding eachother up... if u found the right person u can never get bored of speaking with them or even learning about them and talking about stupid everyday things...

• I don't think you should have to text someone all the time, but you should at least hear from them a couple of times a day if you're dating. I've dated guys who have ignored my texts for months and weeks on end with ridiculous excuses and it's the most annoying thing ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only do it if it feels natural. People don't really do it bc they're dating, but there's always a stage where everything you see makes you think about your so and you just HAVE to share it with your loved one

0|0
    0|0
  • No whenever you wanna text her , text her. Vice versa for her. As for me when I text you and you take a while to text back often, I just stop texting you all toghether. But thats just me.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• huh... i found this confusing as well basically... another reason y i don't wanna b in a relationship...;-)

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, it does compromise your freedom quite a bit, I have to admit that's why I've been more reluctant to do these things most of my life.