What to do if your parents doesn't accept who you are dating?

My boyfriend is Mexican and has a somewhat Pakastanian look but isn't Pakastanian. My parents act irrational towards him and my family talks about him all because he ain't black, I love him. I don't know what to do. I really have a hard time being around my family anyway because they too negative

Most Helpful Girl

• Your parents are not the ones that have to date him, you are. It is not their decision who you decide to date. If your family is negative then they are not worth your time and stress. My family is the same way so I just ignore them and live my life because they have no positive influence to offer.

What Guys Said 7

• You can date whoever you want. :)

I myself personally would leave the person, I am incredibly close to my parents and if my mother wouldn't approve then I guess that's not the person for me. At the end of the day, I would like to be with a person who gets along with my parents.

• if u r an adult u can date whoever u want basically...:-)

• FAIL... *Pakistani... lol not PAKASTANIAN... what the fuck is a pakastanian...

honestly i think you should learn to spell first, before dating...

• Who have you been around to not know Pakastanian is still known as Pakistani smh

• Oh my gosh... Americans are so damn dumb, Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. is a middle eastern country located in aout central Asia.

I don't even know what your're going on about

• Pakastanian is not even a word, Why are americans like to make up their own words?
      It's pakistani... the correct plural of pakistan people

• Well I could understand your dad not liking him. Fathers will always not like the man their DAUGHTER is dating, it's just a fact of life, but your mom? Also, I knwo that if I were marrying a woman, and her parents hated me, how would that make not only me feel, going down that aisle, but also you, ya know? That would feel really bad. I'm just sayin'

• I don't what to do. I guess try your best to make your parents see that love runs deep and it can overcome this saddening racism that this world is giving so much power. Good luck!

• Date who you want yo

• Their opinion is irrelevant.

What Girls Said 3

• Well seeing as your adult, quite frankly it's none of their damn business and they'll just have to get over it. :) But you don't actually say these words to them. You confidently nurture the attitude while you outwardly show tons of respect and charm. Change the conversation with a smile and a joke if they attempt to bash him or stir up negative talk about the relationship. Defend him if they try to smear his name but not in a way that will lead to prolonged tension with your own flesh and blood.

With situations like these, there's not much you can do to actually change the situation. You kinda just gotta let things run their course, take a back seat, and let people resolve their own issues within themselves without interfering and getting drained and frustrated in the process.

• I actually did say some like this lol and yes I do this always. They act like they don't have nothing else better to do

• @Asker maybe they don't :/ The sad reality is that a lot of people who can't help but meddle in other's relationships HAVE NO LIVES. They have no social lives, they have no productive hobbies, and they certainly don't have a balance of mentally stimulating activities to keep their hearts and minds preoccupied! As long as he treats you well then they shouldn't care!

You just have to carry that strong, confident attitude yet ALWAYS remain respectful, courteous, and charming on the outside. :) Works wanders! Trust me!!! tehehe

• here we go.. i keep seeing you...
      "With situations like these, there's not much you can do to actually change the situation. You kinda just gotta let things run their course, take a back seat, and let people resolve their own issues within themselves without interfering and getting drained and frustrated in the process"
      nice words ;)

• Bit late for that, i'm a grown woman, and they love him luckily, but if they didn't it would still be my choice.

• You should not bring him around your family and have a talk with your family.