Guys, why are you scared of dads if you're dating us?

Why are you guys scared to talk to our fathers? haha.

20

Most Helpful Guy

• The fathers are concerned about their daughters, so they will want to evaluate the who will they marry. They had more experience in life than both of them and usually the man is older so this is normal (note that: if your husband is older than your father then...).
    And from the Guy's view he wants to sell him self out and make a good impression as he have more chance to connect with your father (break the anxiety barrier) than you mother.
    There is a similar (not the same) relation between the guy's mother and his woman.

What Guys Said 19

• Because while mothers see their little girl falling in love... dads think about what kind of "acts" most guys plan on doing with their daughter.

• Because they understand that WE know what they are really interested in, because we are guys, too!

• wot if yer dad is strict then? o_O

• You got to think in the POV of the dad, he may think that the guy is just out to how do you say it "get it" granted he is usually right, but there are plenty of guys who don't just want to "get it" (me). If a dad thinks we just want that or even if he does not know the possibility of him becoming a first degree murder convict is scary enough.

• I keep this short. Dads job is to protect his daughter. Dads don't like threats to their daughters innocence. Dad + Boyfriend=beat up boyfriend.

• Not really scary -- more irritating. I just know the father is going to try to search out my every flaw and try to give his daughter excuses not to date me. I think it's an annoying waste of time trying to prove myself to someone like that.

• It makes me think they are going to force me to marry their daughter. Why would the father want to meet me?

• I've had subtle threats thrown at me by them within moments of meeting them...

• Not scared. But they always have a bit of anger towards us for being your boyfriend as their not the main man in your life anymore at least in their eyes

• Cause dad's are males and they know how we think.

• Because they are men and know what we want

• because most of them don't want us touching their little princess or we get shot.

• Shame i supose

• Why would anyone be scared?

• i'm not... unless her dad's a big muscular black man. then i'll shit my pants.

• Depends on how their dad is I guess, but I've never gotten to that point where I met a girls dad or mom because I've never had a real relationship.

• I have a scar on my back from meeting a girl's family and friends (they didn't take kindly to our racial differences). Crap like that is kind of the reason.

• They don't want us hurting their little girl

• Because the horney bastards know the paramedics will have to scrape them off the sidewalk, if they disrespect or manipulate our girls :-P