Has anyone had success with online dating?

Have you developed a lasting relationship with someone that you have met online? How long have you been together?

Most Helpful Girl

• i did match.com (I thinks its the most legitimate site offering safety and a good selection) for one month and met two guys. they were both attractive, personable, extremely successful guys (with online dating you can be totally picky and choose exactly what you were looking for)

the first guy lived 12 hours away, so after a few emails he asked me for my number and we talked on the phone for a few weeks. a month later, he flew into town to see me. we met for coffee, went to dinner, and dessert before I realized that we were better as friends. I broke things off a week after the date, so our relationship only lasted a little over a month.

the second guy lived in town. we emailed each other for about two weeks. the emails grew longer and longer, then finally I got this really short email that asked if I'd like to meet. he let me choose the day, time, and place (which is very important, cause it shows the guy isn't trying to trap you in an unsafe place). we met over dinner and totally hit it off. we're still dating right now and it's been about 4 weeks. we're still just getting to know each other, but I'm having such a great time!

so I learned what my coworker told me before I did match.com... this is a great place to meet young professional singles and if you are smart about your selection, you just could meet somebody special.

What Guys Said 2

• Never tried it but from what I heard they don't work

• Yes, 4 years and counting.

What Girls Said 1

• I met my boyfriend on Ok cupid. We've been going steady for two and a half years now. It's probably less successful than face to face dating, but it isn't out of the question to strike the jack pot.

• Ok maybe I should have clarified this earlier, did you meet and subsequently date in person?