Ex has a new girlfriend, is she just a rebound?

My ex boyfriend has a new girlfriend. They started dating 3 weeks after we broke up. To be completely honest I didn't even know we were broken up... he out of the blue stopped talking to me one day and that was it. We've had no contact ever since. I found out he had a new girlfriend through a mutual friend and it through me for a loop. I was cheated on in the relationship. But I gave him another chance. He begged and pleaded for me to give him another chance saying that I was the one and that he couldn't see himself with anyone else and that it doesn't feel right when I'm not around. He's made me feel that I'm not good enough and that I've done something wrong. I know that's not the case but I can't help but feel this way. He's happy with this new girl I guess and here I am... alone. He didn't even have the balls to at least tell me he didn't want to be with me anymore. Is this girl just a rebound? Does he just not care anymore? I want answers but I would rather die then speak with him. I'm having a really hard time dealing with this... my self esteem is shot. I just want to be happy again and I thought seeing a picture of them together would give me closure but it didn't...

any ideas as to why he would do this? :(

Most Helpful Girl

• aww hun. I can completely relate to what you're going through.

i know this is harsh. and sounds horrible. but it has worked fairly well on me. you need to act like you don't care; that you're having the time of your life without him (even if in reality you go home and cry yourself to sleep). you also need to cut off all contact with him. eventually he will start to seem less important and the times when you think "f*ck it! f*ck him!" will become more frequent.

the reason why he probably didn't say anything is because for some stupid reason he thought you wouldn't find out straight away, or that you wouldn't catch on, which would make it hurt more. perhaps he thought if it was gradual it would be better for you...? this is guess work though I'm afraid.

hang in there babe. I know what you're going through. and I completely understand :)

email me if you need to talk more xxx

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• i was in a similar situation. so I feel for you. but the girl did end up just being a rebound.

why would he do this? because he's a major jerk. don't worry about and move on. he obviously isn't worth your time and he did you a favor.

i hope everything works out for you. :)