Would you date a recovered alcoholic?

My last relationship was ended due to my drinking. I was not physically violent while drinking but my girlfriend was worried about my health, and could not stand the thought of me dying early if we were going to have a long term relationship. I have been sober for one month now. My question is what do girls think about dating a recovered alcoholic?

Thanks y'all! yeah I see what you man only a month sober is definitely to soon lol.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• You should be single for a while. Then in a few months try the dating thing, you will be more then just a newly recovering alcoholic which would be more appealing to females. You are labeling yourself right off the bat as a recovering alcoholic, that's telling me that you subconsciously may be thinking that a relationship would make it better for you but it won't. Relationship's aren't about how it will help you, they are about what you can do for someone else, and that put's strain on you as a person, sometimes enough strain to set you back into another downward spiral.

What Girls Said 7

• If he was sober for a long time now and has been to therapy then yes I would.

• Congrats on 1 month sobriety!

I would date a recovering alcoholic but only if he's been sober for over a year and has been responsible with his upkeep in keeping sober as in attending meetings, and therapy if it's needed, which it usually is. ) Drunk guys are such a turnoff so yay for you now! 💪🏼

• It just depends. If you are trying to better yourself and completely stop drinking and are really really trying, then Im ok with it. It just depends, I have a lot of skeletons in my closet myself so I know its a give and take.

• It's the violent part that would make me apprehensive as well as the drink, you would need to go longer than a month but well done to you for being sober a month good progress carry on.

• If he is sober for more than a year, maybe I could give him a chance.

• I would. They've recovered, after all.

• Possibly yeah. It'd probably fit pretty well with my lifestyle as I don't drink