Girls, Is having one leg a turn off?

I recently had to get my right leg amputated above the knee and I have to use crutches or my prosthetic leg to get around and I think it gets in the way of my chances to have a girlfriend sometimes I even had people say things to me and stuff like that anyway if you want to know what happened you can ask me I don't mind I just wants an answer.

And I had my leg amputated only 3 months ago

11

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a deal breaker but I'm going to give it to you straight it is a slight turn off because it's confusing to a person who dosent understand. Could we go play sports together? Could we play around like normal? Are our sex position limited? I'm not trying to be mean just when I choose someone to be with its stuff I would consider and when someone dosent understand it may make them hesitant to enter a relationship with someone.. I'm only saying this because personality matters most but looks matter first. Good luck but don't worry if they like you it won't play a huge factor

• I can kick a ball around lol and yeah I can have sex even though I have one leg. And I understand when you said its confusing to people that don't understand but then again like you said if a person liked me for who I am it shouldn't be a bit factor.

• Exactly trust me I'm not trying to be rude just in reality not everyone is knowledgeable so good luck and kick ass :)

• Thanks I'm not going to let a missing leg interfere with me so I'm going to do what you said lol

What Girls Said 10

• Don't sweat it man...
    My mom had one of her legs amputated almost 15 years ago due to a car accident. She started with crutches now uses prosthetic only.

She's been in several relationships since: married, divorced, long term and now with someone new. "pretty normal love life"

Even worse, she found out she was pregnant after they amputated her leg. The baby survived but he turned out disabled due to the car accident. That still hasn't managed to scare guys away.

A little hope for humanity ;)

• That's how I lost my leg in a car accident

• It's not a deal breaker...

but gonna be REAL honest a quick second here...

I would need to thoroughly investigate it first - much like dogs need to sniff everything even if they shouldn't because it's not socially acceptable lol

I would need to feel it and look at it and watch you put your prosthetic on and ask a heck of a lot of questions. I'm very curious that way. And many people find that quality a turn off lol

But if you could handle that then... there you go :)

• I actually love it when girls ask me a lot of questions about my amputated leg it gives me something to talk about even though I wish I wasn't an amputee.

• Opps Lol

• Well its better than being depressed about it lol

• No, but you need to be confident in yourself and your ability to make your girl happy. I mean comfortable to a point that almost crosses the creepy 70 year old horny man at the bar looking to get laid by a 20 year old female confident. Learn to joke about it, even if its a sore subject. things like, "Yea, I had to get it cut off to make room for my third leg when it grows." If you learn to openly joke and laugh about it, some girls might think it's creepy, but most would take it as confidence and you looking on a bright side. It makes them want to know more about you.

• I always has a joke about my leg lol

• First of all what happened (if you don't mind me asking).
    Secondly nah not at all. So what he's missing a leg? We all have flaws. And why would missing a leg be a turn off? Sure, it might be a little extra work, but I don't really think it'd be all that bad if I really liked him.

• I was in a car accident back 3 months ago and my leg was cut badly and they had no other choice but to amputate it

• You're welcome :)
      And of course we all have flaws. But the thing is that if someone doesn't like you for a flaw you can't do anything about then they're honestly just a jerk.

• That's right

• It ain't a turn off, it just takes a certain girl to accept that, i really doubt it would be a problem, because if a girl falls in love with you for your personality, she falls in love with everything about you :)

• When I got my prosthetic leg on I limp a bit that's about the only problem but that's okay right

• That's right people have to accept my missing leg its just something that happened too me and I accept that I have one leg because its my life now and nothing will stop me because of that and thank you😊, you made me feel better😊

• exactly!!! :) all the best in your future :D

• sorry to hear about this hun. no its not a turn off at all. any girl who would judge you based off that is rude & inconsiderate anyway. I think it shows that you're strong & have been through a lot. it can be a conversation starter in some cases too

• That is inconsiderate tho people thinking that I don't have a chance because my leg is missing but I will have a girl one day we all have flaws and all we need is for people to accept them and thanks for your sympathy it means a lot

• Being an amputee is normal anyway I mean stuff happens and people have to understand and accept me for having an a leg missing because its something that happened too me

• If a girl really likes you for your personality, then having a leg missing won't matter more. Tbh, you could just view it as something which helps to filter out the superficial girls easier

• I am a nice guy so having a leg missing got nothing on that

• Its a bit more effort when you have an amputated limb but I just need a girl to accept me and my amputated leg and I have a nice personality

• I'm so sorry to hear that! But to me, that wouldn't make a difference and any girl who said it made a difference to isn't worth your time! Good luck! Hope you get better!

• I need a girl who accepts my missing leg I mean I'm actually not that bad looking

• I hope one day you find her! :)

• No. It's not a turn off! Someone will love you for who you are.

• Nope NOt at all. Of course there will be some challenges but it can work out :)