Guys, how many men can a woman sleep with before you consider her a slut and not serious dating or marriage material?

I'm 25, and have slept with two men. One was a horrible fling/casual dating, and one is my current boyfriend of three years. I'm quite convinced I want to marry this man, and for personal and emotional reasons, I am definitely not the type who would be able to sleep with someone I'm not seriously dating or in love with again. My boyfriend is aware of this past and is ok with it, and is also committed to our relationship. I do hope I'll never have to find another and I love him to bits! The other day, I was discussing the issue of numbers with my girlfriends, and a man overheard me (which was odd since it was a busy venue and I was speaking quietly... so I thought at least). He said that I am clearly a slut and that I don't deserve my boyfriend. Apparently, "by the age of 30, even, you (I) should only have had 1 boyfriend as a sexual partner, and should still be with him! Two makes you (me) a complete whore." He was in his late 20s or early 30s. So I guess I'm curious... what do you consider be too many men/the number at which you stop considering a girl marriage material? Or is it not solely a number game? Curious! Thanks!

• The girl needs to be a virgin for me to marry her.
    8% (5)
  • Less than 3 is ok, more means I wouldn't take her seriously.
    13% (8)
  • Less than 5 is ok, more is not my cup of tea.
    23% (14)
  • Less than 10 is ok, more would be a bad sign.
    8% (5)
  • Less than 15-20 is ok, more is a whore.
    8% (5)
  • Her number doesn't matter, context does.
    40% (23)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

31

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no problem marrying a girl having 15 partners but I'd prefer the girl having 0 partner followed by the one having 3.

It'd be a great experience for me to teach a girl. See her expressions, her insecurities, her sensitivity, her reactions and how I interact and interpret with her in that context.

While there will be no difference between the girl having 3 partners and 15 partners. Just the difference in perspective of the society as 3 is common number nowadays while 15 could be considered as slut (even tho there's not any threshold) as the number is in double digit. Furthermore, the girl having 15 would be less likely to be stable. I am not saying that she's potential cheater but she's the one having bitter adaptation and reconciliation.

You should not worry AT ALL.

What Guys Said 30

• I don't go around labeling people, but if I was looking to marry someone, then some things do take on importance. I do not want to marry a slut. But what makes a slut. I would look at her history, and that includes a few things. First, the number figures in. Then the circumstances. But then comes "and what is the RECENT past?" If she has changed her ways, regardless of the previous factors, then she MIGHT have been a slut (in my eyes), but she is not one now.

In your case Two at your age is way down from what seems to be the trend, so of course you are almost an "innocent". You are quite fine.

But I am amazed that some ass would figure it is his place to listen in to a conversation and to stick in his 1/2 cent worth. I would be embarrassed if I was him to let anyone know that I was a creeper listening to private conversations. Usually I have a good "come-back" but this guy even blows me away.

• It depend on 'HOW' those relationships and "HOW" she views them. Also she "HAD" clear things out at the start in "EVERY ONE" of those relationships and she did not cause those relationships to end due to her "wrongful" attitudes or mentality.
    So for me, the number of previous men in her life, will only lengthen the time for me to evaluate her and our future together.
    So generally I "PREFER" A, but in a case of extreme serious bad luck series event, I can go up to D.

• It's not the number of 'em, it's the reason why. There could be 50 but if every single one has a valid reason for not working out then that's fair (and that's also unlikely)

• You are nowhere near slut material.
    That eavesdropper is way off base.
    You have had less guys than most girls that I know.
    Actually, I believe that the word slut is used by girls more than guys, and many guys couldn't care less how many guys a girl was with.

• # of guys doesn't matter basically... i don't care bout her previous sex life :-)

• Voted F), although you are doing something in a very strange way if you get past 10.

• I was the 5th for my girl who is 25. Any more and i would begin to wonder about her initially. But it wouldn't be an insane issue up to 10, then i begin to wonder if she really is after commitment or just a party girl

• Voted D.. but srsly it all depends on the individual. It differs person-to-person, OP. I personally will only consider having a srs relationship with women who've a kill count between #0-9. No double digits for me please.

• I'd rather have a woman sleep with many men. If a woman is confident in herself enough to allow herself to have casual sex, then that's my type of woman.

• I'm a 25 year old virgin and I expect my girl to be too! ok just kidding. I don't care how many men she's been with as long as she chooses me over them...

• It's not like she's going to tell the truth anyway...

• Lol, I think men would be surprised! Most girls I know, and myself, tend to actually tell the truth, or else say "it's a double standard/none of your business" etc...

I personally couldn't lie because what if you run into Joe who you didn't tell S. O. about later? "Erm hey, Joe, um... fancy seeig you here..." ;p Hehe, I kid. In all seriousness, I just think it's most responsible to tell your partner the truth if they ask. Builds some trust and encourages honesty, which is the foundation of all good relationships. If the truth would make the S. O. leave you, then you both should likely be with different people.

• Oops - I should've mentioned! I consider any sexual act with another person - minus kissing on the lips (the ones on the face lol...;p ) to be included in the "sex" category and "number/count". Maybe I'm the anomaly but I definitely disclose everything haha.

• lol, Well you're not getting it out of me so you'd probably feel short changed. :p

• Context doesn't matter either.

Sex is sex. The numbers of partners is not important to me. I have had a number of partners so why shouldn't she?

Enjoy sex. It is an amazing thing.

• I probably wouldn't date a girl around my age who has slept with more than 5 guys but I think 10 would probably be my max for someone your age

• when you think realistacly, you know you ain't going to be her first. I mean falling love equals sexual stimulation. Its okay to have sex with someone non relational. But when you didn't agree or feel like wanting to have sex and at the end of the you did it and regret, thats an instance i can't forgive you. I mean, i won't have sex with someone i dont love or have no physical attraction towards (even when im drunk or high or whatever). But as your poll included less 15-20, than it must be bcs the girl has some serious issues, and has confidence problems. And should a huge warning sign before you even consider her as date

• Too me a slut is someone who cheats in a committed relationship, not a promiscuous individual. However there are women that I wouldn't consider sluts but still aren't marriage material. Past 10 guys and I wouldn't consider her for marriage.

• The numbers don't matter that much to me, although as the numbers get really high I am likelier to suspect that she has low self-esteem. But as long as 1) she has good self-esteem and 2) she's willing to be with me and isn't going to chase other guys, it's just a number.

• I'm 23 and have only had 4 partners. But just because a girl has had more partners than me doesn't mean she isn't a girl worth my time of course.

• No simple answer you have to consider like how many she has banged in the last week, month, year, last ten years. Like if she's banged a different guy a every weekend for a year well thats 52 guys and definitely a slut. I would consider a girl a slut if she was 18 and slept with more than three guys or in your case maybe more than ten. I would have sex with these girls but personally these high numbers are of putting when your talking about long term relationships and marriage

• Its the double standard - men can sleep with lots of women, whereas women can only have a few otherwise they are a slut in the eyes of society. For me, as a man who has only had 2 partners in his life, I would rather my girlfriend/wife be in the same boat, but you can't help who you fall in love with.

• Numbers are for accountants

• Depends on her age and how often. Technically a girl in a permanent relationship gets more sex.

• That's good you've only been with two guys, I think that's pretty rare these days. I'd prefer less than three.

• Context, context, context. And if she has an STD or AIDS then the answer is no regardless of how many guys she has been with.

• i dont care as long as its a loyal girl

• If she's sleeps with guys outside a relationship, I won't marry her or take her serious

• liars, hypocrites and ignorant thats what i say. if she has sleept with 50/100/200 that says actually a lot about her.

• ur not a slut if if that's what ur worried about. 2 sex partners at 25 is very low number.

• Lower is ALWAYS better but if you're my age and you've been with 5 men it starts getting weird and above if you're above 10 by my age it starts to feel like you'll have sex with anyone.

• I'm 23 to give you an idea, so basically if it averages out to more than 1 a year starting at 18 then it's weird and if it averages out to more than 2 a year it gets gross.

• Haha, okay cool. Thanks for the input. :)

• Also that man was probably just upset that his wifes favorite hobby used to be giving blowjobs.

• It doesn't matter as long as she hasn't contract a bunch of STDs in the process. That's not cool for either gender. I get as much pussy as I can, and I encourage girls to get as much dick as they want. Sex is good and natural, and should be enjoyed responsibly. Ok, That sounds like a beer ad.

• # of guys doesn't matter only how she acts about sexual stuff.