If I don't resort to online dating websites, will I never find someone?

I tried them before and I didn't like it... Will I never be in a relationship? Should I be in a relationship by now if I want a husband and kids?
Everyone tells me I have to worry about my biological clock?
Now I'm freaking out. I have always wanted to have kids but I haven't met the right Man yet...
Am I too old to be single?
I'm a 29 year old woman... Am I old?

Have i ended up alone?
Should I be finding someone asap if I want kids? Am I old? Am I passed my prime? I don't know what to do anymore... I almost give up!

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not too late but you do need to find someone soon. If you don't have a baby until you are 35, you will want a second one and that probably happens at age 37 or 38. Biologically, that is not too old to be having children but your pregnancy and childbirth may be more difficult. The larger concern is that, if you have you second child at 38, you will be 56 when the younger child graduates from high school and 60 when they graduate college (if they attend.) You will be in your 60's before you begin to have grandchildren and it easier for you to handle infants and toddlers when you are younger.

What problem did you have with online dating? I did online dating years ago and met the woman who I eventually married. We are now divorced but the lack of success is not related to having met her online. I have been doing online dating again this year and, yes, it can be frustrating but it is still better than going to bars to meet women. You know what kind of women I'll meet in bars? The kind of women who hang out in bars!

What Guys Said 6

• Stop freaking out first of all. 29 is so not old at all and there are plenty of men out there that are looking for women that age.

You claim you can't find the right man but how much effort are you putting in? For example, do you always try approach free, available men you are interested in? It is not enough to just approach men because you need to come across as someone men would be interested in dating etc. Do you try to improve aspects of yourself that would appeal to guys? If not, that's something to consider.

Another point is know where to look for guys. I never recommend looking for guys in somewhere like a bar. Any other location where you are in a more tamed and relaxed enviornment is the way to go. You need to go to social events with friends so you can meet new people and from there, you will be open to a lot more options.

Another thing to look at is whether or not your standards are unrealistically high. There are so many women who have unrealistically high preferences and won't bulge them excluding almost 85% of men. You then only have left are the 15% which fit your criteria and but you would meet one in a blue moon. Try to be more open-minded and accepting if you have unrealistic standards.

My last point is to be confident and optimistic! This relates back to improving yourself but I thought this is one major thing that you may not have considered anyway. If you are scared of being single then the very premise of you wanting to be in a relationship is not because you found the right man per se but because an need. I don't think many men would want be with a girl who just needs someone to be with. They want to be with a girl who loves them and is the only one you would want.

Good luck sister and I hoped this helps. ^_~.

• I had sex with 2 really sexy 41yr olds on the weekend. In terms of sex, I think women are getting more hornier in their 30's and 40's. In terms of making babies, my ex is 30 and she still hasn't had. she is going to try soon though.

• Online dating is a waste of time, especially since you seek a future husband, Forget it.
    I believe that it is also a matter of luck to find the right person, other than social skills.
    You're not too old yet but you have to find someone soon. And it still may never happen.

• no you're not too old, but if you dont get kids in your 30's, you'll really be pushing it if you try it in your 40's... so yea there technically is a biological clock you need to look out for if you want kids from your own womb, but you haven't hit "the wall" yet.. if thats what you're asking

• i am like you... i joined a few dating sites. i´ve been on there for about 5 years now. had over 2000 contacts but only 2 girls that where actually worth dating in this whole time.

• One is never too old to go out to parties or clubs and have a good time. Plenty of guys there too.

What Girls Said 2

• Finding love is more about right timing, right place hard work. So no of course not, you don't have to have a dating website to find someone.
    If you want kids it's best to freeze your eggs at least because your eggs in the future will not produce as healthy offspring as they would now, you don't have to have kids right now if you want them at all. Relax, you have time, since you want kids just freeze your eggs, don't rush into anything, just work on you and you'll find someone.

• No, you definitely aren't too old and if you don't like on-line dating then don't do it!!! I for one have tried online dating, I met my ex online and he was the worst thing to ever happen to me, not that everyone who dates online will end up meeting psychos (I was just bad luck I suppose), but I would never try online dating again because of my experience. You will find the right person when the time is right and you would be amazed at how many women are single at your age, you are in the prime of your life, and lots of women have their first baby after 30 so you will be okay :) And you will have a family, just go out a lot and open yourself up to meeting new people. Good Luck!