Guys how would you react to a message like this?

Dated a guy for two weeks, this weekend I spent the weekend at his place. He told me not to fall in love with him and he didn't see a future with me, he was not interested in a relationship.
I imidiatly said I agree etc etc but when I left and went home I had this sad emotion.
I deserve to be in love and loved and not used for sex. I will eventually fall for him.
So today I texted him , it was hard but I put me first and said I did some thinking and I don't think it will work for me in the long run, I think it's a lot of fun being with you and you are a great person , I hope we eventually can remain friends

Most Helpful Guy

• You deserve a standing ovation for standing up for yourself. It's always so much easier said than done, and you're on the right track in meeting someone you can have a very happy relationship with. When you can respect yourself, you give yourself permission to be selective... Not necessarily picky, but you won't fall for the first guy who pays attention to you.

I see so many people succumb to being unhappy because they'll choose that over being alone, but you're proof you can walk away from anything you're not completely comfortable with and not die from loneliness. If anything, you're freeing yourself up to meet a much higher quality person that treats you much better.

Good for you!

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, if your looking for something serious then no reason to stay with him. I would have left as soon as he said it.
    Why do women think they can be friends with men? Men and women are not friends. we can be friendly. as long as you know that, and as long as your ok with your "friend" always thinking he wants to have sex with you, then you can be "Friends"

• Yes, good call.

• then... i'd do as she wish... i;d remain friends with her basically :-)

• I think you did right, yes.

• "I'm happy that you know what you want. Hope the same." Something like this? I mean two weeks no big deal. Good that you say straight whats going on;).

What Girls Said 11

• I think you said the perfect thing. He might not come around for a while, but that's probably the best for both of you.

And you're right - you deserve to get what you want out of your relationships. You deserve to be loved, especially if that's what you want.

• i kind of hurt now.. i dont know why im so sad but it sucks

• It's natural to be sad, especially if you had feelings for him. It'll pass. He doesn't want a relationship, and you do. It never would have worked. Try and keep busy to keep your mind off of it.

• i didn't fall for him but i think i enjoyed being with him, i spend the weekend at his and it was great

• Good job hun, you deserve better. You did the right thing don't stick around for someone there is no future with. If he can't see himself with you, you def. Shouldn't stick around or see yourself with him, its actually quite insulting of him to say that.

• what an idiot.

You did the right thing, yeah. Don't put your faith in pretentious men who try to push you away and make you feel bad about yourself. You did good <333

• You have done absolutely the right thing.. As hard as it may have been you've listened to your head and not your heart.

I reckon I could speak for everyone here in saying we are all so very proud of you.. Well Done & Good Luck

• Thank you, it means a lot. I have been down this road before and i have grown and I've find ways to be happy on my own and i dont need this.. i hope i can show him that i respect myself enough to not let him use me

• Med sage :)

• Message *

• You did the best thing. You deserve way more than he is giving you. Don't ever think you should lower your standard to please someone else's.

• How will you fell for him when you only seen each other for two weeks and had sex in that period of time. I think he dated you to have sex with you and nothing else.

• You already asked this.

• yeah. you did the best thing. Better than to be used for sex and timepass

• I mean yes its sad and i liked being with him but im not interested in being used and hurt

• Yes? At least you break it before everything gets complicated.

• Yes absolutely. Bravo :)

• You did absolutely correct in my eyes.