Do you believe in trusting your gut feeling?

I've been having this strong feeling that this one person is thinking about me. Do you believe in the saying that one should trust their gut feeling? Has it proved to be true for you before?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh ye definitely! Our intuition is our strongest weapon, it jumps in when mind and heart can't agree. It's like a judge. :) I had a gut feeling my ex was cheating on me even though I had no proofs like at all, everyone thought I was crazy. I went into a "CIA agent" mode and stalked him - until I caught him.

What Guys Said 3

• I trust my gut a lot of times but especially when I'm drunk...

I would say it has worked about half of the time...

• It depends upon the situation.

About finances--no, I'm not going to trust my gut feeling, I'm going to use my brain to analyze the numbers

About whether to trust a girl--no, I'm not going to trust her at all, because my gut has told me to trust and been wrong. She can fucking prove herself over time and I'll let my brain do the analysis.

Whether or not to talk to a stranger--no, I'm not following my gut, because we've been trained to be afraid of them, when really, your career advancement and ability to make friends is entirely reliant upon you talking to strangers.

Trusting your gut is fucking stupid, almost always. The only time I listen to it is when it's suggesting I shouldn't trust someone--and then I analyze it to see if it's right.

• Yes. Trust your gut feeling. It's trying to tell you that you're letting your emotions override your instinct and intellect.

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes. Only not if it's too crazy like someone is thinking about me.
    But I once had that I was joining a horseback riding competition (jumping) and I stepped on my horse and I felt there was something off avout him. So I said I'm not joining anymore and got off. Later my dad joined the competition too on the same horse and he said he was really not feeling well and it could have been very dangerous if I joined.
    Sometimes you can trust your gut. For example if you're talking to someone and your gut says 'get out of here' then you should go, but thing that are too far away, that's just desire replacing your gut feeling.

• Always always always always trust your gut!

• Yes but I have a vividly clairvoyant mind

• Well, I also often feel like I can read someone's mind or as if their thoughts are projected onto me. My gut feeling keeps telling me that I'm right, but somehow I don't know whether I should take the chance.

• Always go with your gut never against it. If you are like me, that gut will not make you head down the wrong direction.

• Yes i would always trust my gut feeling its never been wrong yet!