Would you date a guy shorter than you? Would you date a girl taller than you?

If you're butthurt gtfo. I have no patience.

Add in your height.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care about height much. However so many women want guys that are not only taller than them, but are taller than the majority of guys that it teaches us not to bother approaching taller women.

The average guy in America is 5'10, yet I constantly see women only willing to date guys that are 6'2 even though this greatly restricts the percentage of guys they would be willing to date. Even really tall girls frequently refuse to date a guy even a little shorter than themselves.

Would I date a girl that was taller? Yes. Would I ever bother approaching a girl that was taller? Not unless she was flirting with me for a while so that I already knew she was interested. Otherwise I would assume she was only interested in taller guys and not even give her a second look.

• I am am sorry I forgot to mention that I am 5'11.

• Tl;dr

I would date a guy that's 5'10 without hesitation. End of.

• What I am trying to say is that approaching is different than being willing to date. Guys don't have an infinite amount of confidence. If a woman wants to get asked out, then she needs to put out some signals letting the guy know she isn't likely to reject him. This is true for all women, but tall women are going to have it a bit tougher making sure the guy is comfortable enough to ask her out.

What Guys Said 74

• I was 6'0 back when I was 17 during the days of compulsory body checks to ensure we don't have any secret superpowers that we are hiding from the government.

I have yet to see a girl taller than I am yet but if she exists , I'll be more than open if we grind gears smoothly :3

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8d871fcd33.jpg

• i love reading the rants by guys who are like 5'7 and up bitching about how short they are. Coming from a guy who is actually short (im 5'5) i will tell you that I have zero problems dating a girl taller than I am.

• My parents were like that, and I never saw or heard a problem. No one ever gave them a bad time about it, or teased my dad. My dad was fine, never felt lesser-than, or developed a complex. They were happy as could be for 61 long happy years, till he passed away last year. So go for it!

• I would date a girl who was taller than me, depending on how taller than me she was. If it's just 2 or 3 inches, then we can make it work. She'd tower over me in high heels, but I can live with that. If the girl is 6 foot tall however, I couldn't do it. (I'm 5'8 myself).

• I have dated a woman taller than me. I'm 6 foot even in my stocking feet, and she was at least 5 inches or so taller, and as she LOVED to wear heels she just toward over me. I think she just embraced her tallness, and shove it in people's face. Her confidence was intoxicating.

• So she was like 6'7?

• Not exactly sure, she was definitely taller I would guess 6'5" but we only went out a few times (not because of her hight, she didn't like the fact I was in a few other open relationships).

• I would date a girl taller than me, but I'm 6'3, so this is rare anyway. I wouldn't date a girl taller than me by four or more inches but that's unheard of in the first place.

• 5'10 and really don't mind, I think I'd only be put off if they were very tall (6'2+) or very small (5' -).. Even then if the right person it's a non issue.

• short answer: yes I would! :o :o :o

• girls' answer: no, we wouldn't! :D :D :D

• @Chick180 its cool, im not raggin' on ya. I see where your frustration is coming from though hahaa.

• I feel like this question was inspired by the 5'6 guy lol

At the most for me, I'd say same height.

• I would date someone taller than me. I'm about 5'5" and I have dated someone that was about 5'7". That relationship however, lasted for about 2 months. Every time we would go out together, people would be staring and judgmental about it, but I didn't care. There was one time when a guy actually approach her when I went in the washroom. He said to her, what are you doing with this loser? You could do so much better? Is he like rich or something. She slapped the guy in his stupid face.

• I'd date a weasel or giraffe if they cooked with lemons

• I wouldn't have a problem if she is shorter or taller than me.

• well I am 5ft11 and I am mixed raced (im half English , half slovenian-therefore slavic like russian) and in england I am above average (average in england is like 5ft9-10 for a guy) and in Slovenia I am under average (average in slovenia is like 6ft) and I am also above average in Russia (average is also 5ft9)... slovenians (real slovenians) are not that tall it is because of the immigrants from bosnia and serbia who are 6ft2,3 in average that girls prefer them

I had 2 girlfriends and yes I would date a girl who is taller. Both ex girlfriends were around 5ft6, 5ft7

• I am 6'4" and have dated a girl that was 6'3" she was taller than me in heels. I have no problem with a woman's height. It's not something they can help. I do know my taller friends that are girls have a harder time getting attention from guys.

• Even if a girl says she's willing to date a shorter guy, that doesn't mean she's more sexually attracted to shorter guys. It means that she's ready to give up sexual attraction for other things, such as money, status, etc.

• Oh fuck off.

• Wow. Just wow.

• Yes I would. My last crush (found out she was dating someone on Saturday) was about 5'10". The thing is because things are as they are, most gals aren't open to dating guys that are shorter than they are.

I'm 5'4". I'd say I'm comfortable with dating to about 5'9"ish since I want to be able to kiss her "on the fly" (aka, w/o asking her to bend down or give her any signals). Ad in heels to the mix, and if she were taller than the stated, I'd just feel odd (even though I've work on this).

• I've dated girls as short as 4'5" to as tall as 5'10". I'm 5'3" by the way. I couldn't possibly care any less about height. It's confidence and a sense of humor that truly matters and nothing more. Moreover, I've never had any issues in attracting the opposite sex, from middle school to the present in college. You just need to be comfortable in your skin; if you don't care about height, your significant other won't either.

• I'm 5'7 and the tallest girl I've dated was 5'7 but she always wore heel most of the time which made her like 6 feet tall and it made me feel really awkward, I didn't like it at all, to be honest that was a deal breaker in the relationship for me. I now date a girl who is 5'3 and is my height when she wears heels and I like it much better

• Generally talking: no
    In reality: if I love her, then these things become unnoticeable, because my love for her will cover the other things that I don't like about her ( which you will always find in any human being)

• My height is 5'10. I would not date a girl taller than me- infact, i wouldn't even date a girl the same height as me. She has to be noticeably shorter than me.

• Yes, I would.

• Us guys don't care women only make it a problem that's why its a problem

• You're taller, I'd date you!

• I've done it before.

• I dont know honestly. I am super secure about myself so its not a big deal but I feel like she wouldn't take me seriously once we got into arguements and she's patting me on the head lol. I'm 6 feet tho so hopefully my future ex wife is not taller than this lol

• 'My future ex wife' - What the actual fuck.

• Perfect. U can rock high heels and Ill still be taller. Thats ideal. I feel for the guys whos girls tower over them once they put on their slay em shoes lol. But in the end who cares its not a big deal. Only insecure people worry about height.

• Yeah 6' - 6'2 is ideal for me.

• Honestly don't know. I've never physically met a taller girl than me so I don't know how I'd feel in the presence of one.

• I've thought about it and I don't think I would. I think I'd feel more confident and masculine standing next to a girl who when next to me seems so petite.

• I'm 6'3. I don't mind getting looks from people and am pretty secure but if I was with a girl who was 6'4+ it would just be annoyingly absurd how MANY looks we would inevitably get. People aren't very subtle about sizing couples up.

• Oh well that's understandable.

• Yes, tall girls are hot.

• I would. I'm only 70in. after all. Very short and inferior for my background.

• Why couldn't you just say you're 5'10?

• she said BOTH so that means you're a douche too!

• Dream well. ^_^

• Honestly, while I would prefer to date a woman who was shorter than me, I would still date one who happened to be taller than I am. But I will admit that it might be a bit awkward if she was much over 6' as I'm under 6'.

• I'm only 5'6 soo I have a preedy hard time finding anyone willing to date me cuz I'm short lol I wouldn't mind dating a girl shorter or taller than me I don't really care about height its there personality that matters :)

• More from Guys
    44

What Girls Said 49

• Hi Chick180, my current boyfriend is a tall dwarf, so the answer is yes, I would consider dating someone shorter than me. Best sex partner I've ever had, which says a lot considering all guys I've dated previously were my height or taller (me being 166cm without shoes on). I've learnt that height really doesn't matter much in the end. I switch off from people gawking, my boyfriend is actually very well known in my city by people, and he has a great personality so the rest to me is irrelevant :) I'm not a superficial person. Personality trumps all. If I can't get along with someone, then it's bye bye..

• Yes, I don't care. My current boyfriend is the same height as me when we're both barefoot. So, if I wear any type of heel, I'm taller than him.

• Why do people keep asking the same questions over and over? lol yes shorter guys like girls taller than them, yes girls like guys shorter than them, it's a personal preferance depending on who, their personality, their up-bringing yada... yada... use the search function on this site, getting tired of answering the same ones.

• You didn't have to answer? OMG.
      And I asked to prove a point to a guy on here. Not for myself. I couldn't care less.

• I'm just saying because i see the same questions in the feed too lol don't mean to offend you just people probs ask the same things like 10 times a day lol.

• I've had a fling with someone shorter than me.

The short answer is no. I'm quite a chunky girl, height is important to me because it makes me feel less big. However, if I had a choice between an amazing short guy and a complete douche of a tall guy, I would chose the smaller one... I think...

• Honestly, no. I'm not that tall myself so it's not too much to ask for a guy taller than 5'3"

• I'm 5'2" guys aren't shorter than me lol. But I would date a short guy. I'll pass on the tall girls though.

• Yeah I would for sure. I'm 6'1"

• Lol I've never seen so much craziness over height until I joined this site. Phuck height, can I get a guy that's not a gotdamn cheater! Where are THOSE guys! #dafuq

• Yes, I have and I would.

• I'm 5'7 and honestly, height is the only appearance feature I care about. I really like a guy to be taller than me, but I've dated a guy like a week ago who was even shorter than me, so it's not everything, but pretty important to me.
    Luckily, I almost never meet guys who're shorter or same length as me. Only in foreign countries and everywhere here on GaG.
    My ideal height is about 6'2/3.

• That's understandable. Most guys will give you crap for that.

• Yeah me neither. I have more things to worry about.

• I'm only 5'6 and I don't think your shallow you like what you like ha if you were like 5'0 and would only date guys 6'0 I wouldn't understand but ya ha :)

• I did date a guy shorter than me, but it was only by an inch.

• I would totally date a guy shorter than me. Especially if they work out, so sexy. They never go for me though…. i'm 5'6.

• You think they don't because you're taller?

• I don't think it is because I'm taller. I think it's because they want a more feminine girl (hair, make up, clothes) which I'm not. Or at least thats the excuse they always give.

• Ahh I see. That's cool :))

• Nope, because I'm really short and if I date a guy any shorter than me he would probably have some kind of dwarfism and I just prefer not to date people with dwarfism.

• How short are you?

• You're right, according to wikipedia: "In humans, dwarfism is sometimes defined as an adult height of less than 4 feet 10 inches"

Anyway I think very few guys would be that short.

• @Bysshe guys without dwarfism, yeah it's very very very rare for a guy to be that short (and not have dwarfism) I've only met one but he was old, so age could have shrunk him as well.

• yes, and I have dated guys shorter than me.

I'm 5'9

• I would date a guy the same height as me (5'1) or only a couple inches taller, but not shorter.

Because 5'1.

• It's hard to find a guy who's shorter than me.
    But, I wouldn't date a guy shorter than me. I'm 5'6".

• I wouldn't date a guy shorter than me without heels. He has to be at least my height (5'3"). Would be better if I can wear some heels and not be taller than him.

• Is there a guy shorter than me? I'm 5ft flat

• Hi good evening dear, you always try to hide in your profile pic. but suddenly I have found you. Your name is hard to remember so see the longest name spelling is yours?:-*💐

• LOL for some reason Rocky96 cracked me up.

• Girls should be petite, men should be tall. I would not date a man shorter than me. Girls need to be less than 5'6" for me. Guys should honestly be 5'10 +. I'm 5'3"

• Yes, I have before. It is not as bad as one might think. If you like or even love that person you shouldn't judge based on hight.

• I would really rather not, but ill never say never. I would just feel like a tall beast over him, it would be my own insecurity and that i never will over come.

• 5'2'' or 5'3''. I have no issue with people being shorter than I am.

• Its the only thing I am superficial about. Thats definitely height. I am 5ft 6" and i need someone taller than me like at least 5ft 11" and more. The taller the better

• yeah maybe if he was really hot

• Im 5'2" so if a guy is shorter than me, that'd be different. I mean Im not too fond of it, but if the guy is a great guy, why not.

• By an inch or so.. Maybe. I'm 5'3" so he'd have to be really short lol.. I generally go after tall guys

• So what's the minimum acceptable height for you?

• I was quite surprised that you'd go as low as 5'4". I was expecting something like 5'11". Haha

• me preference would be around that range lol but if a guy is only a few inches taller than me then i wouldn't care !

• I'm 5'2. No I would not.

• If I like him

• I'm an inch taller than my guy, so yes I would.

• Only if he's shorter than be by an inch since I'm super short myself 5'0" is the shortest I'd go.

• More from Girls
    19