What should I do in this situation? I have a friend who's a girl that I do have feelings for her and she knows but we agreed to just be friends and I'm OK with it.

I have a friend who's a girl that I do have feelings for her and she knows but we agreed to just be friends and I'm OK with it. We go to the same school and hangout at least 4x a week. Anyways one day she saw that I was texting another girl and she gives me crap about. Its almost like she's jealous. Anyways I was at a party dancing with a girl then after I seen her to say hi and she brushed me off saying that I need to go back and dance with the other girls. Keep in mind she's a bit drunk atm. So I try and reason with her about how she gives me crap for getting with girls but she doesn't want a relationship apparently with me but she always asks me when I'm going to buy her flowers etc. She really made me mad at the party for shooing me away telling me to dance with my other girls who I take advantage of sexually according to her. I asked her why she would even care and she doesn't give me a straight answer. Sorry so long of a post but I just need some help.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• There are two options:
    1: She really likes you but never realised it before or didn't like to admit it or whatever.
    2: She doesn't like you in that way, but she likes the idea of you liking her. Which is why she is jealous of the attention you give to other girls, even if it is innocent. She just wants to be made to feel special, and you're the easiest way to get that done since she knows you like her.

Either way, what she's doing is not cool. At all. I'd talk to her when she isn't drunk and when she's not in a place where she can run away. So meet up with her somewhere, I don't know, maybe where you usually hang out and bring up this issue. Ask her why she's acting this way and if she won't give you a straight answer, then it's time to evalutate this friendship. I mean, what's in it for you if she keeps on making you feel bad for living your life? I'd also tell her that. You need a friend, not someone who will keep on demanding a certain level of attention at the cost of your own happiness.
    Does this help?

What Girls Said 3

• When you first told her you liked her, she probably never really thought about it, but once she knew, you two being together probably crossed her mind more often than not. She could be started to like you or she just feels special that you like her and she doesn't want that to go away even if you two never did date. You should experiment and ask her out on a date. If she says no, then tell her (in a playful manner) to stop getting jelly over you interacting with other girls. If she denies getting jelly then ask why she has been acting strange around you then give her a hug.

• Hm, okay so if she actually does not have feelings for you then it is because she felt flattered by the fact that you liked her but now that you are moving on she is taking it as a hit. For example she was happy that a guy liked her and that made her feel better about herself but now you moved on and she feels jealous that she doesn't have your attention. Kind of a sign that she might be insecure. That's the only real explanation I can think of.

• She is the type of girl who likes to string you along without committing. She doesn't want to be with you but gets upset when you are with other girls, that seems like she's jealous and she only wants you for herself. She wants you to be that friend always pining for her and yet she won't go out with you. It's kind of mean.