Go out with someone new?

Do you guys think it's a good idea to go on a date with someone new even though your ex just broke up with you a month ago? Is it too soon? I feel like I'm over him but there are still some days where all I can think about is my ex

Most Helpful Guy

• If you feel ready to go on a date with someone, then you are. Everyone has a different timeline, don't worry what works for others, just worry about what your own body is telling you. It will depend on how long you dated, how close you were, how things were at the end of the relationship, how well you compartmentalize emotions, how stable the rest of your life is, how emotionally mature you are... so many things, that nobody will be able to tell you with any certainty when will be the right time.

Thinking about your ex is normal, and that will always be the case, especially if you haven't been going out and dating other people. You will not have any large, significant interpersonal memories being made to push those other ones out of the way and back into your 'memories of the past' bin.

What Guys Said 8

• The length of time is different for everybody.
    The way I see it is that it's one date. Chances are that one date will give you a clue as to whether you're ready to move on or not.

• I would say go out as friends with the new guy nothing more
    It's way too early to jump right into a new relationship

• If you don't see yourself with your ex in the future then I'd say to move on, you might just miss his company. Find someone new that you can start fresh with!

Good luck! Peace, by the way you're really pretty

• It depends on how you broke up if it was over something serious like cheating then yeah move on. But if not maybe wait until you feel okay with it. Time is the biggest healer

• it will do you good but at the same time bad because its only a month ago that you broke up..

• Babe, it is over with your ex. I bet he is out fucking and you are not in his mind. So go out share your pussy friends with benefits and forget your ex.

• Go on dates with new people when you feel ready to. Doesn't matter if that's a month after the break up, a year after, or three hours after.

• It'll probably help you move on but it might not last.

What Girls Said 2

• It might help you get over him if you see other people.

• I think you can start dating when you are completely over your ex. And to the point where dating someone new would be for yourself and not to make him jealous.