Why do girls like my profile on OkCupid then never answer my message?

So you press like.. I message you... and you never respond when you basically tell me you want to talk to me? Psh.

Like one I sent was

"Hi there! I saw you had liked my profile. Haha.

What made you want to major in engineering? That is awesome.

What do you look for in a guy?"

Bear in mind her profile did not have a TON of info.

Most Helpful Guy

• My guess would be that the likes were coming from them viewing your profile through a quick match. They can't see your profile or how you answered questions that may be deal-breakers for them, it's just a 'look at the picture, and like or pass' kind of situation. Far different than someone that found your profile 'naturally' and liked it because they liked what they read.

Otherwise they would reply to the messages more often.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you are so handsome or your profile is so good that they feel intimidated.

• The messages, that you are sending... Don't seem that interesting to respond to.

• When I was on that site, I got very overwhelmed. Within minutes of me being online I got over 100 messages. I might read some, but couldn't respond to all. I don't know what the issue is with the ones you messaged, though.

• talk to me? I am cooler

• If the woman has a bare minimum profile and doesn't respond, I'd be wary, to be honest. I don't know why they aren't responding to you. :/

• Can I message you?

What Guys Said 6

• You're not saying the right things. I've come to figure out that women don't like to be sweet talked (contradicting to what they claim to "like"). Your chances of them replying to you with interest is if you were to message them with something in the borderline of disrespectful to almost sexual. I guarantee you your chances are higher if you do that.

• Perhaps your messages aren't interesting. Bear in mind, they get loads of them. You'd have to stand out.

• women dont like sweet talk. i treated on like shit once and she liked it (and all the other women in the room suddenly gained a higher opinion of me!)

• dude, you put that 'haha' in there, from there on, she didn't take you seriously. and then, 'that is awesome' sounds like you're just kissing ass...
    lets recap, you start by giving useless information 'i saw you liked my profile' she already knows she liked your profile... dont get me started on the haha, and then you ask 2 completely unrelated questions, both would need a long ass answer.. no surprise she's not writing you back

• Sorry but I'm gonna be blunt. You could be ugly to them (profile picture).

• No they pressed LIKE on my profile. They found ME.

• wot do u say to them?