Is it rude to ask a foreign girl if she can write English?

there's this forein girl I've been talking a lot lately and I want to text her but I don't know if she can read English or write it, would it be rude to ask? If it is should I just text her and see if she understands what I'm saying? I don't want to get a no reply back cause I thinm that might mess things up. I heard her say she can't read or write English but I don;t know if she was joking because she was laughing.

Most Helpful Girl

• You could just text her and she if she understands. She might find it a bit rude if you ask her.

What Girls Said 2

• No. Just ask her if she can write English because you'd like to talk to her in it. Then say that you will try to learn some of her language.

• Not if you ask tactfully.

What Guys Said 5

• Ayy that's not rude

I started talking to this African guy in my school and I asked him if was ever going back where he came from he laughed and so did I after I realised what I just said

• Speaking a language doesn't necessarily denote the ability to read and write it, so it's a fair question.

• No, it would be normal, in my opinion

• Oh the irony of this question.

It's spelt foreign hahahaha

• That's how I typed it wth

• Just ask her, it's pretty normal.