Is it good or bad that I get along better with girls and have more female friends?

What girls talk about and their mindset I feel I can relate to more. I feel like this might make me seem more like a friend or something. I've never had girls flirt with me they immediately see me as a friend. If this is immediately what they think of me is that a bad thing? Will it be harder for girls to think of me in a romantic way? Is having more female friends a good or bad thing if looking for a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not intrinsically bad. It often goes along with some issues that are likely a bad thing though.

The problem is most girls aren't lesbians. Guys are quite happy to date someone who is a friend and also physically attractive. Women for the most part like men who exhibit a certain level of masculinity (how much depends on the woman).

Guys who only get along with women are often too 'soft' (this is a habit not just who they are) to hang around and be friends with men. And that issue than makes then only friends with women.

Another way I can put it is that a lot of women will befriend but not date guys who seem like sweet nice -boys- But they can't teach you how to be a man.

• I usually show my softer sweet side when around people. I only use my more aggressive side in times of crisis or something. Like if necessary I I'd fight someone or stand up for myself but I usually try to stay away from conflict. That's why I'm trying to get more muscular to have a more if a balance.

What Girls Said 1

• It's definitely not a bad thing that you get along with females.
    But you are set at a disadvantage since you are only looked at as "such a great friend" and not boyfriend material.

• That's the problem I'm immediately seen as a friend. If I continue becomeing closer friends will girls ever start to like me. I feel like that's the only way 😅

• I understand that won't happen in every case I'm just wondering how likely it is. If I'm friends with her will it remain that way almost all the time?

• If someone has no physical or sexual interest in you, yeah it's pretty easy for things to stay that way no matter how well you get along.

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think it's neither good nor bad, really.

If anything, it's probably better than being in the opposite predicament (having only male acquaintances, etc.).

The fact that they spend time with you bodes well, I think. At the very least, they want to be around you.

How they view you, though, there kind of up to you (and them as well, of course). Of you only put out a "let's be friends vibe," then more often than not that's exactly what you're gonna get.

• not bad... and no u r not gay basically... if some1 told u this... then he's just a fool in my opinion ;-)

• No, it's not necessarily a bad thing. However it could indicate that these women aren't attracted to you for some reason.

• Not sure what it is but I'm guessing someone will like me.

• You should focus on your long term goals.

• I'm going for an exray program to Pay my way through a program for physical therapy. I will need a PhD and that could take a while 😅

• Its not bad thing... Why would it be? But the reason you have many female friends is cause you are friendzoned by them...😁 LOL which is a bad thing... Of course

• No, man... I get where your're coming from, I'm not really into having female friends, infact i only recall one in my whole life...

and it felt like a platonic attraction, I didn't see her in a sexual way or fancy her like other girls, but i was imediiately drawn to her personality...

And i felt like she could help me find a girlfriend or become a man, she was very supportive and even advised me that i should change to get a girlfriend

• That's good I wish I had more Female friends lol

• you are gay. noone should blame you for being game, it's your democratic right.

• Wtf I'm not gay bro. Lol I just don't have the same ideas about dating as guys. All guys talk about is how physically attractive a girl is when interested in them as a person. Also I'm not a big fan of all the vulgar jokes. Also I go dancing a lot. I usually hang out with my female friends to dance with them. And my female friends consist of girls I like that I either have been rejected by and are over or girls I can't date for one reason or another.

• i hope i didn't make you sad. are we cool?

• No one ever thinks I'm gay. I'm always the friend guy. My female friends always tell me I could get a girlfriend if I wanted but they never seem interested themselves. A friend of mine actually wondered if I was gay though. She assumes I had to be gay if I didn't have a girlfriend. Like this guys awesome if he doesn't have a girlfriend him being gay must be the reason. She asked then hoped I wasn't offended. I wasn't it was actually flattering that she assumed it would be that easy for me to get a girlfriend. But again she wasn't interested.