How does it feel to date someone for a year?

I have been with my boyfriend almost 11 months, I'm a little nervous because we're approaching a year. I've never been with a boyfriend this long, and happy about the relationship. I love my boyfriend and feel like he is different from anyone else I've dated and I think im nervous about things changing,

I also think im nervous because things are going so well im scared of things not working out... Does anyonehave advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh the year mark... man. I'm coming up on 4 years lol

I suppose it feels normal? I remember fighting with him around the 10-12 month mark. Apparently, according to psychologists, the year mark is when your brain is deciding if it can be with the other person long term so fighting and doubt is normal. But once you get passed that (assuming you do) it's splendid.

What Guys Said 2

• i guess u like each other... otherwise u'd not stay long 2gether... no?

• Stop being insecure, that's my advice.

The duration of time in a relationship is completely irrelevant. If you are both happy, both putting effort into the relationship, both taking caring of yourselves and each other, blah blah blah etc, then it doesn't matter if you've been dating a month, a year, or a decade.

Gauge where you're at right now. Can you improve things? Do so. Are you content? Congratulations. Is he? If so, yay.

What Girls Said 2

• It feels the same as it did at 11 months... Nothing changes really... We have been together for 2 years and the only thing that has changed is we have sex now. A year to me isn't that big of a deal.

• Isn't that a good thing? You should feel accomplished!