I broke up with a man I love bc I feel like I want someone who has their life together more. Now im really sad and I miss him. Did I make a mistake?

When we aren't arguing, i was really happy. When i broke it off, he was very shocked and said he that he loved me and would change anything i needed him to bc he wanted to stay together and believed we could work it out. Says we have something special and can see himself marrying me one day. But these are only words. Im the breadwinner between us and its getting to me. Also he's 3 years younger and it shows in his stubborness and hesitation to commit. he's shown some improvements but at times he'll slip back to his usual attitude. Help!

I am not referring to a specific person who has their shit together, i meant in general if i was to be in a relationship with someone, id want them to already be in a relatively good place since im at the age id want to settle down if things got serious.

Most Helpful Guy

• explain that you broke it off cuz he's a loser and needs to get his shit together and that if he does you'll get back with him.

What Guys Said 3

• The decision has been made, too late. Live with it, mistake or no.

• He has expressed to me that he still wants to make it work

• Don't hem and haw, make up your mind. There are pros and cons to each decision, break them down, choose, and live with it. Him liking you still gives you an option, but you have to choose what's right for you.

• Well, who's to say you aren't likely to break up with that guy. I mean, you were talking to another man, WHILE you had a boyfriend, not cool

• He gave that good dick huh xD

What Girls Said 3

• I think if you're a hardworking woman who is ready to commit then you should be with a hardworking man who is also ready to commit.

Words are like the wind, they scatter.

You made this decision based off past actions and you know him.

• I think you should give him another chance.

• When you say breadwinner does that mean he has no job? or do you just make more money then he does?

• I make more than him

• I pay for the things we do 85% of the time

• I don't know, I guess it doesn't matter to me as much because I make good money so I would be open to paying for things a little more, jobs aren't important to me and as long as someone has one and is trying then I don't see the big deal when it comes to that but in your situation you're considering settling down and starting a family with someone then I understand why it's important for you. Have you explained that to him and gave him the chance to do something else? you could just be in different stages of your life is all