Does my boyfriend care?

I've been dating my Boyfriend for 5 months now and all we do when we spend time together is eat, have sex and get high. when we first started join gout or before that intact we did lots of interesting cute stuff like went to my favourite place sat on a rooftop and yelled at people from up there and watch the sunset/ sunrise. We used to go on cute dates like that. But now i just stay at his every Friday we fuck then sleep then wake up fuck then i leave. HE doesn't make an effort to text me good morning and goodnight every night or tells me he loves me like he used to. He doesn't do spontaneous things now like he did once. I have to make the effort to text him every day and make plans with him or else nothing happens. Do you think my boyfriend has stopped trying in our relationship or is bored?

• Break up with him
  • Stay with him
Every time i try bring it up he changes the subject

Most Helpful Guy

• You deserve so much better than this. You deserve a guy who respects you, appreciates you, trusts you and love you for who you are. If he is not willing to put the same effort as you in this relationship, then what good is he? It may be the hardest thing to do, but you have to break up with him and cut your losses before you waste more time with him. Good luck and I hope you find what it is you are looking for.

What Guys Said 6

• To be honest: I think he's only there for having sex, sorry to tell you. Also the fact that everytime you try to bring this subject he tries to change to another subject, is not caring at all. You deserve much better than with this guy! You deserve a man that loves you for you and that cares about how you feel and how you are. If I were you, honestly, I wouldn't see the point in having a relationship were your doing 99,9% of the effort of the relationship. Just saying that you deserve better than him.

• Have you actually talked to him about how you're feeling?

• yes, and he just says " I'm busy with uni"

• Good job. A surprisingly large amount of people just come on here and ask questions like this when they haven't even communicated how they're feeling to their partner.

Relationships take a lot of effort on both sides, and I wouldn't want to be in one with someone who wasn't trying. If you've put as much effort in as you can and he's not reciprocating, I'd advise moving on.

• isn't it simple? Guys do all that stuff early on juz to score u. After they completed their conquest for P€$$¥ there's no more interests in that. No need to work for dat P€$$¥ anymore cuz he alrdy got it. Perhaps u can learn from ur mistake sillygurls 👌

• Break up with him I guess

• i dont know why people dont realize a relationship isn't a magical thing. its companionship all you are doing is sharing your life together just like with anyone else once things setlle down they will be settled but it doesn't mean they care less than they first did.

• But surely in a relationship you do more then fuck and get high together. honestly i can't remember the last real conversation we had

• well try to have one in person when you're with him

• "When we spend time together is eat, have sex and get high." Get high?
    I will take my hat down for your boyfriend, well settled, well settled.

What Girls Said 6

• Hey there Giroud12!

Stemming off from the comment you left with GAG member findingdreamland, I thought I'd add to that...

Save yourself from as much drama and confusion as you can:
    Don't ever date someone because people expect you to. If that's what you feel, to me you sound half hearted about wanting him anyway. No point holding on to something that clearly isn't a true well bonding relationship. It sounds like there's no substance and relationships all need that little flame to keep things well knitted and the flicker flame firing with passion. There's more to life than what he brings to you. Sex, drugs and food, it really isn't all that relationships are meant to be. Dates should be exciting, however I get the feeling your busy uni "boyfriend" is just keeping onto you for a little fun, but not necessarily something casual, he might happily see you as his exclusive toy, which, you simply are not. No girl should ever be seen as a toy to be played with, used, and chucked in the toy box. Also, drugs aren't the answer to help keep you guys clinging together, it's just a social thing that you both have assumed is a good reason to bond. Yay, my girlfriend likes to get high, cool. Yay, my boyfriend likes to get high, cool. But it's not exactly a hobby/recreation... It's a little activity that kindly fries the brain and ultimately reduces ultimate sexual performance, particularly his sexual performance. I suggest that if he's not going to do the fun dates due to being busy studying or just "busy" then you miss spring chicken should consider other options. I thought I had everything at 17, man and all. I learnt that I totally didn't because I was so blinded. I figured out later all the fun he had skipped giving me, I invested too much love and hope in the wrong guy. I hope you make all the right choices and consider what you really want in a guy, you have much time to meet the right one if this guy doesn't meet your desires. Keep me posted on your thoughts, any time :)

• Thank you so much! you have so many good points out there. I think i will probably break up with him. It'll be hard but better in the long run i suppose. Thanks :) x

• You are most welcome :)

• Have you ever talked about how you feel? To him? I mean sometimes life gets difficult, we get bored of life etc. Maybe it is not about you?
    have you tried to make this better?
    If you tried and nothing changed, then maybe it is time to think about break up. It depends how you feel about this relationship.

• I'm going through something similar, though the guy isn't actually my boyfriend. He told me he loved me, but he doesn't seem to care anymore. He doesn't message me or anything unless I message him first. And it's almost always sexual when we do talk. He says he's just very busy.

If I were you I would ask him how he's doing and if he's fine, then tell him how you feel and maybe try to take a break or break up. You deserve someone who cares as much about you as you do about them :)

• It seems like he's only taking you for granted now and that you both lost your sparks together. I would rethink your relationship together and if he isn't willing to make the effort to change, then break up with him

• You've only been together for 5 months. You should still be in the honey moon phase. If you stay with him things will probably stay he same because it sure sounds that he's comfortable with his life. If you're not happy after this short time I'd advice you to go out there and find a guy whose more your style.

Oh, and if you haven't talked to your boyfriend about this problem you should try that first

• I've talked to him and i asked him if he could make more time fore me. he said he couldn't promise hta. i said can you at least promise you'll try? he said yes however he really hasn't.

• There needs to be effort from both sides