Cellphones on dates?

Is it OK to have your phone/ use your phone/ peek at your cell when out on a date.. I'm so addicted to my phone. Scared it may make me look disinterested. If I openly admit to this on the date will the guy be put off? Or horrified if I pick it up and look at it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I always kind of thought that was a big problem very rude to bring them on dates and pull them out. I always said if I was on a blind date and a girl did that with me that it would be the last date we ever have, but Now I see so much of it I dont know what to think or do if it happens on my time

• I see, yea I was worried about it.. I notice I fiddle most when I'm nervous lol. Sometimes im not even using just swiping left and right on the app menu lol.

• I see that's understandable, thanks! Very insightful!

• You're very welcome

What Guys Said 7

• If I was you I'd just tell him that you're kinda addicted of looking at your phone but you'll try and not do it as much.

Because if you don't he'll probably feel like you're not interested and that you're board because you're looking at the phone so much.

But if you tell him the truth then he won't think that:)

I always use my phone but can always leave it for hours if I want to ahah

• Thanks for the tip!! Very helpful!!!

• I think I would be pretty put off if a girl went on her phone a lot during the date. If it happened a lot I would actually possibly leave.

• Good to know, thanks for tour honest opinion!

• Your*

• I would say put your phone away on a date. if you glance at it once okay, but any longer than a glance or look at it more than once i think you will be disinterested. it is a big put off. but not a deal breaker the first time if i like you

• Thanks for sharing, l!!

• It is to bad at least when you are in dating you have to put it in bag 😃 and say your problem and promise him I will change it because I would like to spend my time with you.
    Sure it will be so romantic😍
    Good luck 😃

• How would you feel if he pulled out a magazine and started reading it?

• Good point!

• What if you want to take a pic of your food, or date, or you both together? Is that also a no-no?

• No, not as long as it is something that doesn't exclude him from your attention.

• NEVER don't do that.
    Best thing how to avid it first who touches his phone pays all bills.

• LOL, goodness, I'd end up paying for the entire date!

• I don't fiddle on my phone on a date because I think it's bad manners. If I see her doing it I go off her a bit.

• Go off on her?

• naw, there's no "on" in my sentence. lol. go off her as in, like her less.

• Oh lol! I was like should u be prepared for a lecture hahaha OK gotcha ;)

What Girls Said 4

• to have it with you.. its ok
    but to constantly use it/peek at it ain't ok.. its gonna kill that moment

• Generally speaking, no. If something is going on at home (a parent is in the hospital, etc) it's ok as long as you let your date know. Otherwise, it's incredibly rude.

Rule of thumb: if it's inappropriate for a business meeting, it's inappropriate for a date.

• Ah that's a good rule to have.. I like the example workplace meeting and dating wise. Thank you.

• hugely offputting. turn it off, put it away.

• Thanks for the advice!

• We all have phones now, but on a date more so when you just start dating keep it in your pocket. I was out with a guy a few years ago and he checked his phone every ten minutes. If he wants to be with his phone that much, stay home. At least my filet was good and he knew how to pick a good wine. But there was no second date. After you are in a relationship if you need a check something, a movie time, make a dinner reservation then it is acceptable.

• Ah I see that makes sense, those types if activities kinda involve the date as well reservations and movies.. Good to know, ty!