Do you believe in the power of your words?

OR THINK ITS BS? explain your answer please.

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Words are indeed powerful, they are like arrows which ones out of our possession cannot be taken back.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• no word are not powerful, its how you say them thats powerful. Only 7% of what you say is communicated with words. The rest is non verbal things like body language, facial expressions, tone. Its not WHAT you say, its how you say it.

Look at any great speaker in history, you'll see them using their hands, displaying emotion with their facial expressions, their speeches have peaks and valleys of excitement etc. It was their words that moved people, it was all them. Their soul if you want to call it that, or their brain if your more materialistic.

If you dont believe me, replace Martin Luther King, or Adolf Hitler even, with one of those computer speech programs and a monitor speaking the exact same words. Somehow im positive that it won't have the same effect

0|0
    1|0
    • Of course. Delivery has as much to do with conveying a message as does the actual content itself. But you can't really achieve a desired result without having both a good selection of terms as well as a powerful delivery method. Had Martin Luther king said " Money is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend," it would have had a very different effect than what he actually said which was " LOVE is the only force that capable of transforming an enemy into friend," regardless of whatever gestures, body language or tone he used.

• @soberpiper

Thats my point though, delivery has MORE to do with conveying a message. This has been scientifically proven. Im not saying words are not important at all, but words dont have power. People do

• Agreed friend. It does have MORE to do with conveying a message. But the thread starter asked if we believe in the power of words, and they can indeed be very powerful.

• Absolutely.. The most powerful men who ever lived, good or bad, have moved entire nations and even the world with words, i. e. Franklin D. Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, Palto, Socrates, Winston Churchill and yes even Adolf Hitler.

0|0
    0|0
  • You know what if you could please go over👉 there and just FUCK OFF

That offended you...

Power of words unleashed

0|0
    0|0
    • Not offended.. Or moved in the least

• It's just sounds and shapes at the end of the day.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I believe in the power of reason using words to express itself.

1|0
    1|0