When a guy you've been dating said he is busy and he'd take a raincheck when you ask him out, and then not text you for 4 days or tell you when, what does that mean? What should I do?

when a guy you've been dating said he is busy and he'd take a raincheck when you ask him out, and then not text you for 4 days or tell you when, what does that mean? What should I do?

6

Most Helpful Guy

• its a commonly known term, it means another time, he hasn't texted you in 4 days, he must be damn busy. or took the easy way out.

• What should I do then?

• Thanks! First of all I hate dating via text messages but in this era I know it is inevitable and I admit I am better reading people when I see them face to face. What should I say when I ping him so that I don't sound pushy or needy?

• be all casual and send him a "how ya doin?" or if that's not your style you can be more formal, like "how are you?"

What Guys Said 5

• As I guy, I know most guys who'd say or do something like this have other potential dates lined up -- and they're trying to juggle everything to see who winds up the "best choice".

But it really depends... If you were dating for a while before this happened and he seemed pretty sincere and apologetic when he asked fro the raincheck, maybe he really did have some important stuff going on in his life and he had to put you on the back burner until it was sorted out (legal troubles, health problems with someone in the family, job problems, etc.)?

• Then I suppose nothing that I could do other than wait and see if he contacts me again, of course I am not going to hold my life in the mean time. or is there anything that I should do to "lure" him back (maybe lure is not the best word, but you know what I mean)?

• he's not that interested. Honestly most single men at your age are going to be looking for a friends with benefits over an actual relationship.

• Well he is actually in his late 30s so I would think that he is more into a serious relationship, but again I am not a guy so I might be wrong.

• Late thirties then likely he is way over relationships.

• I never buy the "busy" excuse; if I like someone I'll free up my yable a bit.

Might be time to pack your stuff and go.

• He could be incredibly busy?

• Hmm smells like a scandal lol. I'm thinking he prob found a new girl babe. If any guy ever pulled that shit over on me, I'd be blowin their asses up on fb and criscoing the shit out of their door handles